Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Working Mama's or non working who deal with the money!

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

How much gets taken out of your paycheck (or SO's weekly in taxes)

I make $820 a week and bring home $ 550 of that. Thats 270$ a week!

Thats over a thousand dollars a month..

I know its neccessary, not trying to start a debate. Its just crazy to do the math.

I need to find a magical land with no taxes... 820$ a week! that would be amazing! lol

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 11, 2013 at 9:14 AM
Replies (171-180):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 12, 2013 at 10:47 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

an appalling amount!  I got paid this morning.  I get paid every other week:

Fed income taxes 1290.51

Medicare 109.31

SS 467.38

That's 1867.20 to the federal govt.  except for SS, which maxes out, that's 26 times a year.  So yes, those getting the EIC and denying that they aren't getting a gift from the rest of us are full of shit.

Plus 115.47 to the state for income taxes, 6.01 to the state that I work in (for unemployment) and 263.35 to the city that I work in for their income taxes.

So much for having worked hard in school and gotten a good job.  All it gets you is the right to support others.

Wait a minute, your city has income taxes, yeah ok.

it's a "wage" tax...essentially, yes, an income tax.

SadeAyosmom
by on Jan. 12, 2013 at 11:18 PM

we both make the money desicions.

OneToughMami
by Ruby Member on Jan. 12, 2013 at 11:18 PM

It would be nice to see more people who understood where their tax money was going though. *sigh*

LilAsMom526
by on Jan. 12, 2013 at 11:53 PM
I am independent contractor so I keep all my money :) plus being a single mom too I don't pay much taxes and I get more money back in taxes.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 54 on Jan. 12, 2013 at 11:59 PM

I  pay 420 bi-monthly just in fed taxes....then add state, medicare, etc and my gross pay of 4,375 nets me about 3000 bi monthly.  so that's 2750 a month in taxes/....ouch

Anonymous
by Anonymous 55 on Jan. 12, 2013 at 11:59 PM

DH pays about 1600 a month in taxes ( federal and state) every month. That is not counting insurance, which is alot lower than some of you are showing, every week it's 55.00 pre tax for the family. But the taxes are about to go up when he takes the plant manager postion and his income tax bracket changes.

Hapsand123
by Bronze Member on Jan. 13, 2013 at 12:22 AM

I put that I dont want that much taken out on me. I dont make very much so I dont get much back at the end of the year anyways, no sense in putting that I want alot of taxes taken out just to get little at the end. 

Also my husband put that he wants a little more taken out on his, he makes alot more money then I do so with his check we can pay all the bills and get a good tax return at the end. 

I will make 200 a pay check or 1600 a paycheck (every two weeks), it depends on how many clients I do facials on in a week. So I cant really say how much. To be honest I try not to look at it that much. lol. 

Lets see, My last check was 790 and I brought home 724. My husbands checks I dont actually get to see the details on them, Its direct deposit and if you want the stub you have to request it be printed out. 

Anyways, your income should be pretty good though. 

Uzma_mom_of_2
by on Jan. 13, 2013 at 2:40 AM

I could go upstairs to find out but I'm too lazy. A lot gets taken out, plus he has them take out an extra $100 per check to guantee we pay nothing at the end of the year.

With insurance, 401k, taxes, social security, he definitely isn't bringing home what they say he make s ayear, but it's enough to pay the bills, so we're happy.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 56 on Jan. 13, 2013 at 3:08 AM

Quoting Anonymous:

All you bitching about taxes, stay off the roads. Don't call 911. Your kids better be in private school!!
We all benefit.
As for EIC, that's such a small portion of where taxes go.
Your bitching makes you look ignorant.

Not to be rude. but i've seen what the roads around my area look like and the highways for that matter, its not taxes going to it. as for kids im not ashamed to say my kid is public. where they receive no textbooks, no supplies to teachers where us full time two working jobs parents donate a majority of everything with exception of the free lunches. if they want to bitch about their taxes LET THEM. thats why its a question or statement she put out there.  Oh not to be funny but the town's people have to pay an annual fee for the fire/emt/police to respond.

So please next time you tell someone not to bitch think what they might be going through now that their taxes have doubled in some areas of deductions as mine have.

Lindalou907
by Silver Member on Jan. 13, 2013 at 5:57 AM

Taxes are one thing, WASTING tax payer money is what we're mad about. If we ran our households the way they run the government we'd all be out on the street.

Quoting Anonymous:

All you bitching about taxes, stay off the roads. Don't call 911. Your kids better be in private school!!
We all benefit.
As for EIC, that's such a small portion of where taxes go.
Your bitching makes you look ignorant.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN