Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Working Mama's or non working who deal with the money!

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

How much gets taken out of your paycheck (or SO's weekly in taxes)

I make $820 a week and bring home $ 550 of that. Thats 270$ a week!

Thats over a thousand dollars a month..

I know its neccessary, not trying to start a debate. Its just crazy to do the math.

I need to find a magical land with no taxes... 820$ a week! that would be amazing! lol

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 11, 2013 at 9:14 AM
Replies (181-188):
efarrugia
by on Jan. 13, 2013 at 7:18 AM

I pay a lot in takes too. being a single parent, I recently sat down and did the math on taxes and on my voluntary deductions and realized that almost 400 a month was going to AFLAC. So needless to say that this year Aflac is going to be reduced to disability only for 18.00 a month. I was trying to have my bases covered, but with taxes changing and the price of everything going up, but yet another year with out a raise, I need the money to live off of.

FinchsMommy
by Bronze Member on Jan. 13, 2013 at 9:34 AM
So much greed!

There are two things you can count on in life, death and taxes. So, stop complaining and if its really so bad, become an ex-pat.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 57 on Jan. 13, 2013 at 9:35 AM

No-YOU sound dumb!  Do YOU realize that 60% of our taxes go towards "entitlement" programs and only 40% go towards things that we all benefit from?    People who get "entitlement" monies from US in the amounts the people listed above(yes 60% of those amounts) are entitled to spend it on whatever crap they want, yet those of us who are forced to give it have no say about it being taken from us.  How fair is that?   And yes I vote in every  election but the "entitled" people now out number the working people so it does not do any good.   And by the way where I live school taxes are based on property ownership and NOT on income taxes. So...that is an additional $1,800/year.    And a large portion of road building and upkeep is paid for by gas tax as well as fees to register your vehicle.  

Quoting Anonymous:

All you bitching about taxes, stay off the roads. Don't call 911. Your kids better be in private school!!
We all benefit.
As for EIC, that's such a small portion of where taxes go.
Your bitching makes you look ignorant.

Rhiannon92
by on Jan. 13, 2013 at 9:54 AM

So you earn $15,000+ a month? Excuse me if I have no sympathy for you..

Sounds like your hard work got you somewhere, if you ask me. Quit complaining!

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Crazy-Steph:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Crazy-Steph:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Crazy-Steph:

Come on.  If you have $109.31 taken out for SS, you are grossing $7538.62.  A week?  That's at LEAST $15,077.24/month, sometimes $22,615.86.  That's awesome that you make that much, but you want people to feel bad for you?

Quoting Anonymous:

an appalling amount!  I got paid this morning.  I get paid every other week:

Fed income taxes 1290.51

Medicare 109.31

SS 467.38

That's 1867.20 to the federal govt.  except for SS, which maxes out, that's 26 times a year.  So yes, those getting the EIC and denying that they aren't getting a gift from the rest of us are full of shit.

Plus 115.47 to the state for income taxes, 6.01 to the state that I work in (for unemployment) and 263.35 to the city that I work in for their income taxes.

So much for having worked hard in school and gotten a good job.  All it gets you is the right to support others.

Wow.  Struggling at reading comp and math.  I feel bad for YOU.

No, I answered the question.  Plain and simple.  Not my problem you don't like the answer.  Truth hurts

My math is right on.  The only error I made was when I said SS.  I should have said Medicare.  My opinion still stands.

read the post.  your math is way off

Medicare is 1.45% off the gross.  You said you get paid bi-weekly, and this was your check for today.

$7538.62 * 1.45% = $109.30

finally.  Not grossing that a week.  And your numbers are still off a bit because the bi-weekly earnings are $7500 plus $25 for opting out of benefits.  So it's not exactly 1.45% for Medicare.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jan. 13, 2013 at 11:59 AM
Faux news much?
It's obvious.

Quoting Anonymous:

No-YOU sound dumb!  Do YOU realize that 60% of our taxes go towards "entitlement" programs and only 40% go towards things that we all benefit from?    People who get "entitlement" monies from US in the amounts the people listed above(yes 60% of those amounts) are entitled to spend it on whatever crap they want, yet those of us who are forced to give it have no say about it being taken from us.  How fair is that?   And yes I vote in every  election but the "entitled" people now out number the working people so it does not do any good.   And by the way where I live school taxes are based on property ownership and NOT on income taxes. So...that is an additional $1,800/year.    And a large portion of road building and upkeep is paid for by gas tax as well as fees to register your vehicle.  

Quoting Anonymous:

All you bitching about taxes, stay off the roads. Don't call 911. Your kids better be in private school!!

We all benefit.

As for EIC, that's such a small portion of where taxes go.

Your bitching makes you look ignorant.

duets
by on Jan. 13, 2013 at 5:58 PM

LOL- I totally agree.  Lemme know if you find one!!

teri4lance
by Platinum Member on Jan. 13, 2013 at 5:59 PM

a lot. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 38 on Jan. 15, 2013 at 3:23 PM

I was injured in an accident and unable to work for the time being so it is just DH income.

Quoting Anonymous:

Sink ship OR maybe YOU could work to make up the difference??

Quoting Anonymous:

We were struggling before the new year. DH gets direct deposit so he gets paid a day earlier than he gets his stub. I was like WTF, did he miss time from work? Then of course my mind went into detective mode.He brought home pay stub today so it's all there including overtime. 2013 we are going to sink ship, smh.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)