Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Working Mama's or non working who deal with the money!

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

How much gets taken out of your paycheck (or SO's weekly in taxes)

I make $820 a week and bring home $ 550 of that. Thats 270$ a week!

Thats over a thousand dollars a month..

I know its neccessary, not trying to start a debate. Its just crazy to do the math.

I need to find a magical land with no taxes... 820$ a week! that would be amazing! lol

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 11, 2013 at 9:14 AM
Replies (21-30):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 11, 2013 at 9:51 AM

Quoting Crazy-Steph:

Come on.  If you have $109.31 taken out for SS, you are grossing $7538.62.  A week?  That's at LEAST $15,077.24/month, sometimes $22,615.86.  That's awesome that you make that much, but you want people to feel bad for you?

Quoting Anonymous:

an appalling amount!  I got paid this morning.  I get paid every other week:

Fed income taxes 1290.51

Medicare 109.31

SS 467.38

That's 1867.20 to the federal govt.  except for SS, which maxes out, that's 26 times a year.  So yes, those getting the EIC and denying that they aren't getting a gift from the rest of us are full of shit.

Plus 115.47 to the state for income taxes, 6.01 to the state that I work in (for unemployment) and 263.35 to the city that I work in for their income taxes.

So much for having worked hard in school and gotten a good job.  All it gets you is the right to support others.

Wow.  Struggling at reading comp and math.  I feel bad for YOU.

No, I answered the question.  Plain and simple.  Not my problem you don't like the answer.  Truth hurts

Anonymous
by Anonymous 8 on Jan. 11, 2013 at 9:52 AM
I agree :)

Quoting Anonymous:

All you bitching about taxes, stay off the roads. Don't call 911. Your kids better be in private school!!

We all benefit.

As for EIC, that's such a small portion of where taxes go.

Your bitching makes you look ignorant.
Crazy-Steph
by Ruby Member on Jan. 11, 2013 at 9:53 AM

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Crazy-Steph:

Come on.  If you have $109.31 taken out for SS, you are grossing $7538.62.  A week?  That's at LEAST $15,077.24/month, sometimes $22,615.86.  That's awesome that you make that much, but you want people to feel bad for you?

Quoting Anonymous:

Fed income taxes 1290.51

Medicare 109.31

SS 467.38

That's 1867.20 to the federal govt.  except for SS, which maxes out, that's 26 times a year.  So yes, those getting the EIC and denying that they aren't getting a gift from the rest of us are full of shit.

Plus 115.47 to the state for income taxes, 6.01 to the state that I work in (for unemployment) and 263.35 to the city that I work in for their income taxes.

So much for having worked hard in school and gotten a good job.  All it gets you is the right to support others.

No, I answered the question.  Plain and simple.  Not my problem you don't like the answer.  Truth hurts

My math is right on.  The only error I made was when I said SS.  I should have said Medicare.  My opinion still stands.

mommyof11050307
by Platinum Member on Jan. 11, 2013 at 9:53 AM
3 moms liked this
No idea I don't see his pay stubs. I really don't care how much we pay in taxes every month it's going to get taken out anyways why get pissed off about it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 11, 2013 at 9:56 AM

Quoting shellbelle4:

They do WHAT?!  You've got be kidding me.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting shellbelle4:

Even more annoying to me is that my DH is a fed employee who doesn't get to withdrawal SS when he's older but he still has to pay into it.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting shellbelle4:

Our pay is similar, it's maddening.  You can thank all those who voted Obama.

Quoting Anonymous:

Fed income taxes 1290.51

Medicare 109.31

SS 467.38

Yep.  It's disgusting.

I guess that's where they get the money to pay certain ex's an amout equal to the beneficiary's, without reducing the beneficiary's amount!  That discussion on here the other day was rather enlightening. 

Yes.  I don't quite understand it, and who knows if half the women on here know what they are talking about.  But something about being married 10 years entitles you to the greater of your benefit and 1/2 the ex's benefit.  But it doesn't reduce the ex's benefit, and there's no limit on the number of former spouses who can claim on a one person.  Honestly, it's SO unbelievable stupid from a fiscal perspective (one person can only pay so much in....) that I'm not sure I even believe it.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 11, 2013 at 9:57 AM

Quoting Crazy-Steph:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Crazy-Steph:

Quoting Anonymous:

Fed income taxes 1290.51

Medicare 109.31

SS 467.38

My math is right on.  The only error I made was when I said SS.  I should have said Medicare.  My opinion still stands.

read the post.  your math is way off

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jan. 11, 2013 at 9:58 AM
Lol
Where did i say it didn't add up?
Oh, i didn't. Of course it adds up. Duh.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

All you bitching about taxes, stay off the roads. Don't call 911. Your kids better be in private school!!
We all benefit.
As for EIC, that's such a small portion of where taxes go.
Your bitching makes you look ignorant.

It all add ups.  Your inability to understand basic math makes you look stupid.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 9 on Jan. 11, 2013 at 9:58 AM

I make slightly over $2,000 bi-weekly and net about $1,400.  That's at least $1,200 I lose a month!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 11, 2013 at 9:59 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting Kitschy:

Just under 1500 a month. But we claim 1 instead of 3.

Thank you.  People seem to miss that these numbers mean nothing without knowing what people claim.  or what they end up owing/getting back/getting gifted at tax time.

Crazy-Steph
by Ruby Member on Jan. 11, 2013 at 9:59 AM

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Crazy-Steph:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Crazy-Steph:

Quoting Anonymous:

Fed income taxes 1290.51

Medicare 109.31

SS 467.38

read the post.  your math is way off

Medicare is 1.45% off the gross.  You said you get paid bi-weekly, and this was your check for today.

$7538.62 * 1.45% = $109.30

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)