Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Working Mama's or non working who deal with the money!

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

How much gets taken out of your paycheck (or SO's weekly in taxes)

I make $820 a week and bring home $ 550 of that. Thats 270$ a week!

Thats over a thousand dollars a month..

I know its neccessary, not trying to start a debate. Its just crazy to do the math.

I need to find a magical land with no taxes... 820$ a week! that would be amazing! lol

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 11, 2013 at 9:14 AM
Replies (31-40):
sparklebug86
by on Jan. 11, 2013 at 9:59 AM

they are taking all of that out of taxes or insurance as well?

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 11, 2013 at 9:59 AM
He makes 2400 a month and we only see 1800
lilbit53009
by on Jan. 11, 2013 at 10:01 AM

about 1000 a month is taken out in taxes...it makes me sick when i see my gross pay and then what i actually bring home

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 11, 2013 at 10:04 AM

Quoting Crazy-Steph:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Crazy-Steph:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Crazy-Steph:

Come on.  If you have $109.31 taken out for SS, you are grossing $7538.62.  A week?  That's at LEAST $15,077.24/month, sometimes $22,615.86.  That's awesome that you make that much, but you want people to feel bad for you?

Quoting Anonymous:

an appalling amount!  I got paid this morning.  I get paid every other week:

Fed income taxes 1290.51

Medicare 109.31

SS 467.38

That's 1867.20 to the federal govt.  except for SS, which maxes out, that's 26 times a year.  So yes, those getting the EIC and denying that they aren't getting a gift from the rest of us are full of shit.

Plus 115.47 to the state for income taxes, 6.01 to the state that I work in (for unemployment) and 263.35 to the city that I work in for their income taxes.

So much for having worked hard in school and gotten a good job.  All it gets you is the right to support others.

Wow.  Struggling at reading comp and math.  I feel bad for YOU.

No, I answered the question.  Plain and simple.  Not my problem you don't like the answer.  Truth hurts

My math is right on.  The only error I made was when I said SS.  I should have said Medicare.  My opinion still stands.

read the post.  your math is way off

Medicare is 1.45% off the gross.  You said you get paid bi-weekly, and this was your check for today.

$7538.62 * 1.45% = $109.30

finally.  Not grossing that a week.  And your numbers are still off a bit because the bi-weekly earnings are $7500 plus $25 for opting out of benefits.  So it's not exactly 1.45% for Medicare.

Lisha77
by Gold Member on Jan. 11, 2013 at 10:06 AM
I don't see a difference in my taxes. My check is lower than usual because I now carry the health insurance, but my taxes pretty much stayed the same.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 11, 2013 at 10:08 AM
Even bi weekly, that's more *per week* than a lot make in A MONTH.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Crazy-Steph:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Crazy-Steph:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Crazy-Steph:

Come on.  If you have $109.31 taken out for SS, you are grossing $7538.62.  A week?  That's at LEAST $15,077.24/month, sometimes $22,615.86.  That's awesome that you make that much, but you want people to feel bad for you?

Quoting Anonymous:

Fed income taxes 1290.51

Medicare 109.31

SS 467.38

That's 1867.20 to the federal govt.  except for SS, which maxes out, that's 26 times a year.  So yes, those getting the EIC and denying that they aren't getting a gift from the rest of us are full of shit.

Plus 115.47 to the state for income taxes, 6.01 to the state that I work in (for unemployment) and 263.35 to the city that I work in for their income taxes.

So much for having worked hard in school and gotten a good job.  All it gets you is the right to support others.

No, I answered the question.  Plain and simple.  Not my problem you don't like the answer.  Truth hurts

My math is right on.  The only error I made was when I said SS.  I should have said Medicare.  My opinion still stands.

Medicare is 1.45% off the gross.  You said you get paid bi-weekly, and this was your check for today.

finally.  Not grossing that a week.  And your numbers are still off a bit because the bi-weekly earnings are $7500 plus $25 for opting out of benefits.  So it's not exactly 1.45% for Medicare.

MyGirlsAbbyLiz
by on Jan. 11, 2013 at 10:11 AM
I'm good with the $1100 dh brings home weekly
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 11, 2013 at 10:12 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting Anonymous:

Even bi weekly, that's more *per week* than a lot make in A MONTH.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Crazy-Steph:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Crazy-Steph:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Crazy-Steph:

Quoting Anonymous:

Fed income taxes 1290.51

Medicare 109.31

SS 467.38

My point exactly.  I earn it.  Due to years of hard work in school and on the job.  It's disgusting that our gov't thinks it's okay to take it and spend it on some of the crap that it spends it on.  Yes, there's necessary public spending.  But it's out of control.  

ajrjj05
by on Jan. 11, 2013 at 10:13 AM

What do you do for work? Nursing?

I don't make much right now I only work two days a week -$110 cash- but I will be doing a 1099 for taxes :/ not sure if it is even worth the pay. 

ajrjj05
by on Jan. 11, 2013 at 10:14 AM

what does he do?

Quoting MyGirlsAbbyLiz:

I'm good with the $1100 dh brings home weekly

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)