Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Anyone ever been to a seed exchange before? OT: Anyone ever used a "cleanse" before?

Posted by on Jan. 11, 2013 at 11:05 AM
  • 19 Replies

I have two questions (above) and I thought I'd cover them in one post.

A seed exchange is where gardeners gather together to swap heirloom seeds.  Usually it's free to do so.  But I'm wanting your experience because I'm considering starting one up in my town but don't have a clue how to do it.

Second question:  Have you used a cleanse before, or made your own cleanse?  (You know, for toxins.)  I'd like your experience, both postiive and negative, please.

Thanks!

by on Jan. 11, 2013 at 11:05 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Bitterroot
by on Jan. 11, 2013 at 11:06 AM

This is pretty interesting stuff for gardeners:

Video of the Week

Help Unearth the Dramatic Story of Seeds

"Seed is not just the source of life. It is the very foundation of our being." - Vandana Shiva

Two award-winning director/producers have launched a kickstarter campaign to raise funds to finish production of their next project: SEED: The Untold Story. This will be the third documentary for Jon Betz and Taggart Siegel, who were involved in the direction and production of Queen of the Sun: What are the Bees Telling Us? and Real Dirt on Farmer John. Can you help them finish this important film on seeds? They need to reach their goal by Jan. 25, or they'll lose the pledges they've raised so far. And don't miss the middle of the trailer, where OCA Director Ronnie Cummins talks about Monsanto, DuPont and Syngenta - the major seed companies who own the majority of our seed stock.

Watch the trailer and donate to the Kickstarter Campaign

Join me at GONSL - Green, Organic, Natural, Simple Living - on Cafe Mom! http://www.cafemom.com/group/18883

Join me at TUH - The Urban Homestead - on Cafe Mom! http://www.cafemom.com/group/111920

Join me at V/V - Vegetarians/Vegans - on Cafe Mom! http://www.cafemom.com/group/118097

green ribbongardeninglove you sign

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jan. 11, 2013 at 11:07 AM
1 mom liked this
Nope I have never done either but here is a bump
jbirdsladie27
by on Jan. 11, 2013 at 11:07 AM
No to both. I have traded seeds online though
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
sugareemommee
by Platinum Member on Jan. 11, 2013 at 11:08 AM
No but I trade with my neighbor. Here's a bump!
Bitterroot
by on Jan. 11, 2013 at 11:08 AM

Quoting jbirdsladie27:

If there were an actual meeting place in your town to share seeds/exchange seeds, would you go?  Or do you prefer online?

What seeds did you trade?  I'm curious.  Floral, or vegetable?

Bitterroot
by on Jan. 11, 2013 at 11:08 AM

Quoting sugareemommee:

No but I trade with my neighbor. Here's a bump!

Thanks!

jbirdsladie27
by on Jan. 11, 2013 at 11:10 AM
1 mom liked this
Yes I would go, veggie seeds :)

Quoting Bitterroot:

Quoting jbirdsladie27:

If there were an actual meeting place in your town to share seeds/exchange seeds, would you go?  Or do you prefer online?

What seeds did you trade?  I'm curious.  Floral, or vegetable?

ttsjam
by on Jan. 11, 2013 at 11:12 AM

I would go to a seed exchange in a heartbeat! I also have done a lot of seed trading online at gardenweb.com

Flower seeds for me :)

Kerannmer
by Gold Member on Jan. 11, 2013 at 11:14 AM

Yes, I cleanse, a master cleanse once or twice a year, a 14 day cleanse right before swimsuit season and/or the holidays, and occasionally a 3-4/week cleanse if I've overindulged or feel sluggish.

Right now I'm 5 days into my master cleanse, which is 28 days long. It's tough, especially the first few days, but I'm starting to feel the positive physical and mental effects.

Bitterroot
by on Jan. 11, 2013 at 11:15 AM

Quoting ttsjam:

I would go to a seed exchange in a heartbeat! I also have done a lot of seed trading online at gardenweb.com

Flower seeds for me :)

Thanks for your response!

I'm not an expert gardener by any stretch of the imagination, but I'd like to start up a Community Seed Exchange in our town because I think it's so important to maintain the diversity of our seeds, as well as keep them from being genetically modified by you-know-who.

I'd basically be the organizer, and others who would attend would be the experts.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)