Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Outlawing Unregulated 'Private' Gun Sales

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 5 Replies
3 moms liked this

In remarks today before a meeting about guns the Obama adminsisartion is seriously considering outlawing private gun sales:My thoughts on some of this is .... The federal government has no authority to ban anything of the like. I hope the NRA will stress this fact in any "negotiations"...we cave on this whole gun issue, and we might as well kiss individual rights goodbye, period. It is, or it isn't. The government's job is to ban the initiation of force, and prosecute the guilty, not to ban objects and punish the innocent. Preventative laws are the antithesis to individual liberty

You have to go through extensive paper work and checks to own a machine gun, a semi auto AR-15 is not a machine gun. This is what I am talking about when people open their mouths about this issue when they don't know what they are talking about. They need to focus on the mental health of the country so that  "nut jobs" can't get their hands on the firearms. Regulating private sales is a good idea but it won't work. Criminals do not follow laws and they will get them just like drugs, illegally. The second amendment is NOT about hunting. It's about the citizen keeping arms for protecting themselves against the Gov or personal defense.  Today, the limitations on the power and precision of the guns we can lawfully own not only violate our natural right to self-defense and our personal sovereignties; they assure that a tyrant can more easily disarm and overcome us.obama knows good and well that removing guns wont prevent violence. if he thought otherwise he wouldnt have 15 armed guards around him at all times. this isnt about "public safety". This is about him wanting power over us to do as he pleases. We CANNOT LET THIS HAPPEN!!! We must resist by ANY MEANS NECESSARY!!! Any law restricting the sale, ownership, posession, or transportation of ANY weapon in ANY way is by definition unconstitutional and therefore illegal. Domestic enemy of the constitution if ive ever seen one.

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 11, 2013 at 11:15 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 11, 2013 at 11:26 AM
1 mom liked this

The 2nd Amendment has nothing to do with hunting or personal protection. Those are secondary. It has to do with an Armed Citizenry being able to oppose Tyranny from abroad and Dictatorship at home. We have a bunch of rich elitist liberals starting to sound more and more like Dictators. Congress must oppose that! State's Governors sworn to protect the Bill of Rights must oppose that! Every true American must oppose that! If not, we become peasants again!!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 11, 2013 at 11:29 AM

I agree.  I don't use a gun, but I do have one for protecting my family and home. I know how to shoot it and I know how to store it safely.  I grew up in a family that does hunt but also collects guns that are not used for hunting. They have that right. They also store their guns in a huge safe that only a select few people have the numbers to the lock. I don't think it is fair for my family's guns to be taken away because a few people (few as in statistically a few) are scared of guns. It is tragic that people live in so much fear and they let that fear control and dictate the direction of their live. When people want the government to take away our liberties, we only give them more power to control our lives.  How long until we do become 1984?  Seriously? It's a slippery slope and we, as individuals, have to live making our own decisions, not burying our heads in the sand and  letting some one who may not have our best interests at heart make decisions for us.

Supervane
by Ruby Member on Jan. 11, 2013 at 11:30 AM
In that case..... To the gun show I go!!! NOW I have weekend plans.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
themissheather
by Gold Member on Jan. 11, 2013 at 11:51 AM
The 2nd Amendment was written in a time when advanced weaponry was a musket with a bayonet. There have to be controls in place today with the type of guns available. I think it is ludicrous to care more about your precious guns than of overall public safety. Other liberties that are potentially dangerous, such as driving or alcohol consumption, have strict regulations to ensure they are done safely. Why on earth would we want guns to be under any less control?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 11, 2013 at 12:15 PM

If a ban and/or confiscation order comes down, this is going to be who is order to enforce it. They took an oath to defend the Constitution, not a president or a politician. Same as the military and our veterans. I know where i stand...don't tread on me by trying to disarm me. The constitution was written to limit power of the president and congress...The can't just get rid of it. Clearly oblamer does not want to follow it.

The only thing this is c=going to caused is a black market trade that is larger than ever.

Quoting Anonymous:

In remarks today before a meeting about guns the Obama adminsisartion is seriously considering outlawing private gun sales:My thoughts on some of this is .... The federal government has no authority to ban anything of the like. I hope the NRA will stress this fact in any "negotiations"...we cave on this whole gun issue, and we might as well kiss individual rights goodbye, period. It is, or it isn't. The government's job is to ban the initiation of force, and prosecute the guilty, not to ban objects and punish the innocent. Preventative laws are the antithesis to individual liberty

You have to go through extensive paper work and checks to own a machine gun, a semi auto AR-15 is not a machine gun. This is what I am talking about when people open their mouths about this issue when they don't know what they are talking about. They need to focus on the mental health of the country so that  "nut jobs" can't get their hands on the firearms. Regulating private sales is a good idea but it won't work. Criminals do not follow laws and they will get them just like drugs, illegally. The second amendment is NOT about hunting. It's about the citizen keeping arms for protecting themselves against the Gov or personal defense.  Today, the limitations on the power and precision of the guns we can lawfully own not only violate our natural right to self-defense and our personal sovereignties; they assure that a tyrant can more easily disarm and overcome us.obama knows good and well that removing guns wont prevent violence. if he thought otherwise he wouldnt have 15 armed guards around him at all times. this isnt about "public safety". This is about him wanting power over us to do as he pleases. We CANNOT LET THIS HAPPEN!!! We must resist by ANY MEANS NECESSARY!!! Any law restricting the sale, ownership, posession, or transportation of ANY weapon in ANY way is by definition unconstitutional and therefore illegal. Domestic enemy of the constitution if ive ever seen one.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)