Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

People are unbelievable! I was going to buy a Tiffany's bracelet and charm from an acquaintance on FB, but...

Posted by   + Show Post

So she is the kind of woman where every and anything bad that has ever happened to her is everyone else's fault.  She failed out of nursing school because she was partying.  She blamed it on the school for not giving her a second chance.  She took out loans to go to said school, she shouldn't have to pay them back because she didn't finish.   She got into a car accident and hurt her leg, she should get disability but keeps getting denied because this that and another.  It's always something.

Anyways, she is selling some of her stuff.  A few real Coach bags (they are ugly, they have the "C"s all over them), some fake LV bags and a real bracelet and charm from Tiffany's.  It's a chain bracelet and a lock charm.  Nothing special.  She is selling each for $100.00.  Now I can go and get a new bracelet and charm for cheaper than that at Tiffany's.  No one wanted to buy them so she lowered the price to $50 dollars each.  I wrote "I will take both the bracelet and the charm for Zoe, I will even cover you cost for the shipping.  I will do a money transfer overnight so it will be there by tomorrow than you can mail me the stuff.  I will send $120 dollars (btw, which is about $15 dollars more than needed, I was being nice)".  

She wrote me a message saying "I can't believe you would expect me to send your DAUGHTER my Tiffany's jelwelry.  Instead you would think that you would be a better friend and just send the money since you know I'm having a hard time".

WTF??  I can not believe how some people are.  1. Who cares where the stuff is going, if you needed the money that badly you wouldn't care. 2. How dare she tell me that I should expect something in return, lol.  I thought that was the point to selling things. 3. She is lucky I offered to pay what I did, the charm is really beat up, no one wants it.  I was kind of being nice and felt bad for her.

People never cease to amaze me.

by on Jan. 11, 2013 at 12:48 PM
Replies (31-40):
Elyce225
by Emerald Member on Jan. 11, 2013 at 1:02 PM

The thing is we aren't even "friends".  We are friends because we have friend in common.  We're more acquaintances.   I've met her IRL 2 or 3 times.  She is the only one who is getting hurt by saying no.  I was being nice, I didn't really want the bracelet or charm since they were in such bad shape anyway.

Quoting gabby416:

That is a point when I say you know what, this freindship is always about you, here I am trying to help out and you act like this?  Yeah, I don't need your friendship, good luck, but I am done.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Jan. 11, 2013 at 1:02 PM
How old is your dd?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Jan. 11, 2013 at 1:03 PM
This is the reason you should never talk about money :). And don't try to say you don't....we all know how much money you have, how expensive your houses are. Lol. I never talk about money, what I buy, what I have. Never, ever. And this is why.
tiffs2009
by on Jan. 11, 2013 at 1:03 PM
Ungreatful brat! Geez
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
ColtsFan1912
by FriendoftheFoot on Jan. 11, 2013 at 1:03 PM

She sounds. . .like a fruitcake.

She was selliing her stuff. . .but wanted you to just send her money & she'd keep the stuff?

Crazy.

Elyce225
by Emerald Member on Jan. 11, 2013 at 1:03 PM

Quoting LyTe684:

Beggars can't be choosers. Fuck her. Go buy it from the store.

That is the first quote that came to mind, lol.  See I didn't even want it nor was I looking for one.  I was being nice by saying I'll take it cause I knew she needed the money.

Nicoleb9
by Emerald Member on Jan. 11, 2013 at 1:04 PM
I can understand it. Haven't you noticed the huge amount of poverty in this group? Then suddenly a bunch of women get on that post with their "concern for her daughter's future and entitlement", who all conveniently "could spend just as much on their children if they wanted to do it", but don't because they're teaching their children...blah blah blah...

Lol. Jealousy and resentment is what that was. I mean, it was a little purse and a ring, for crying out loud. You would think OP bought her daughter the Eiffel Tower and Hope diamond.

Quoting RazzleMySpazz:

I didn't understand that post at all! if she has the money, why not have a little fun with it? 

Quoting Anonymous:

Lmao. This is going to go just like your other post about the disgusting amount you spent on a child.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Jan. 11, 2013 at 1:04 PM

Tell her to fuck off.

Elyce225
by Emerald Member on Jan. 11, 2013 at 1:04 PM

Haha, this is awesome!

Quoting Anonymous:

Feel free to send her this picture!!!

mom2hadley
by Heather on Jan. 11, 2013 at 1:04 PM
Wow!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN