Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

People are unbelievable! I was going to buy a Tiffany's bracelet and charm from an acquaintance on FB, but...

Posted by   + Show Post

So she is the kind of woman where every and anything bad that has ever happened to her is everyone else's fault.  She failed out of nursing school because she was partying.  She blamed it on the school for not giving her a second chance.  She took out loans to go to said school, she shouldn't have to pay them back because she didn't finish.   She got into a car accident and hurt her leg, she should get disability but keeps getting denied because this that and another.  It's always something.

Anyways, she is selling some of her stuff.  A few real Coach bags (they are ugly, they have the "C"s all over them), some fake LV bags and a real bracelet and charm from Tiffany's.  It's a chain bracelet and a lock charm.  Nothing special.  She is selling each for $100.00.  Now I can go and get a new bracelet and charm for cheaper than that at Tiffany's.  No one wanted to buy them so she lowered the price to $50 dollars each.  I wrote "I will take both the bracelet and the charm for Zoe, I will even cover you cost for the shipping.  I will do a money transfer overnight so it will be there by tomorrow than you can mail me the stuff.  I will send $120 dollars (btw, which is about $15 dollars more than needed, I was being nice)".  

She wrote me a message saying "I can't believe you would expect me to send your DAUGHTER my Tiffany's jelwelry.  Instead you would think that you would be a better friend and just send the money since you know I'm having a hard time".

WTF??  I can not believe how some people are.  1. Who cares where the stuff is going, if you needed the money that badly you wouldn't care. 2. How dare she tell me that I should expect something in return, lol.  I thought that was the point to selling things. 3. She is lucky I offered to pay what I did, the charm is really beat up, no one wants it.  I was kind of being nice and felt bad for her.

People never cease to amaze me.

by on Jan. 11, 2013 at 12:48 PM
Replies (91-93):
chas1217
by on Jan. 11, 2013 at 1:56 PM
1 mom liked this

When she sends you another message tell her you are still interested and the money will be on it's way. Then just let her wait for it :).

Quoting Elyce225:

I'm in a really good mood today, lol.  I would bet money that she will send me another message in a week or so asking if I'm still interested.  That is when I will tell her no way.

Quoting chas1217:

Right, I would have been shocked. I hate people who expect things to be handed to them so I wouldn't have been as nice as you, I would have sent her back a nasty message to make her think about what kind of person she truly is. I would be willing to bet money that pretty quick she will send you another message about you buying it still, after she realizes she fucked up cause she really needed that money.

Quoting Elyce225:

I know, I am horrible!  I was really surprised though, I can not believe that she just expected it.  

Quoting chas1217:

People are crazy.

How dare you do better than someone else then not send them money just because, how rude of you.

o.0
by Gold Member on Jan. 11, 2013 at 1:57 PM

If I had a daughter, you can bet your ass that I would treat her like a princess!  We are the only ones who will take care of our children and it is our responsibility to make them feel wanted, cared for, and special!

oh and screw her!  it's not your responsibility to support her and her bad choices.

EmmaGlenn20
by Platinum Member on Jan. 11, 2013 at 2:56 PM
1 mom liked this
Definitely. She was a family friend for many years (my age, too). She got way off track and I was always trying to be there for her. Not anymore haha.

Quoting Oostera:

Holy shit, Emma! I hope she's out of your life now. What a horrible person, I'm sorry:(

Quoting EmmaGlenn20:

I had a friend who smoked weed all day long and refused to get a job. I would lend her 20 on ocassion until her welfare checks came in...one day when I stopped lending her money, she blew up on me and threatened my life lol.

Quoting Grumpylilpixy:

Ugh! Yeah I have a person on my Fb like that as well... I really need to clean out my friends list.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN