Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

You're a nanny, not a mom.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 31 Replies
2 moms liked this

I've had two girls with previous "nanny" experience tell me how to parent. Two... in the last 6 months or so. Both were single, unattached, no kids of their own. Just full time nanny's for the last few years.

Both of them just KNEW how to be a mom. Why... because being the stand-in parent from 9-5 every day makes you a pro? Ya okay....sure.

And I hear all about "well MY kids are 4 and 2... and when they do that, I just...."

Really? Tell me more about YOUR kids. The ones you labored and delivered and carried for 9 months. Tell me about your late-night diaper changes and breast feeding tales. Tell me more about taking them to visit their grandparents out of state and how fantastic their last Christmas was. Listen lady: those are not YOUR kids. Those are your responsibilities during the day. They are a job, and you are PAID to be patient, flexible and fun.

Back off.

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 11, 2013 at 12:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 11, 2013 at 12:54 PM
I'd be pissed. And would probably tell them to stfu lol
ShanesMommy2012
by on Jan. 11, 2013 at 12:56 PM
1 mom liked this

I don't blame you for being irritated.

I know it's kind of off topic, but I don't trust nannies in any way, shape, or form... I was watching Ricki Lake the other day and saw what one nanny did to an 11 month old baby, hit him in the head so hard it knocked him over, dangled him by his legs off her lap, grabbed him and flung him into his playpen. Nope, no way. I know not all nannies are like that, but I'd never trust someone I didn't know to watch my kid.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 11, 2013 at 12:56 PM
2 moms liked this

maybe she has some good points. maybe you could try listening to her. I bet shes with your kids more then you are anyway.

Mel0dy
by Ruby Member on Jan. 11, 2013 at 12:58 PM

OMG that is so sad. Is the baby okay? My DD is 14 months and I still dont trust anyone with her. Not even friends and family. The only person I trust with DD is her father. I now it's not normal lol 

Quoting ShanesMommy2012:

I know it's kind of off topic, but I don't trust nannies in any way, shape, or form... I was watching Ricki Lake the other day and saw what one nanny did to an 11 month old baby, hit him in the head so hard it knocked him over, dangled him by his legs off her lap, grabbed him and flung him into his playpen. Nope, no way. I know not all nannies are like that, but I'd never trust someone I didn't know to watch my kid.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jan. 11, 2013 at 12:59 PM

My kids had a nanny like this once. Yes she had kids but they're much older but still I am pretty sure aren't like my kids. I live with them I know what they do at all times so yea I am pretty sure I got this down pat. Oh and she also thought she could tell me how I needed to clean my house! One my house is very very clean I am OCD about that stuff and two her house wasn't by any means clean! Thanks but no thanks I in no way need you to tell me how I should live my life!

ShanesMommy2012
by on Jan. 11, 2013 at 1:00 PM

Yes, the baby is ok. And the "nanny" was brought to justice.

Quoting Mel0dy:

OMG that is so sad. Is the baby okay? My DD is 14 months and I still dont trust anyone with her. Not even friends and family. The only person I trust with DD is her father. I now it's not normal lol 

Quoting ShanesMommy2012:

lucky2Beeme
by Ruby Member on Jan. 11, 2013 at 1:00 PM

Quoting ShanesMommy2012:

I'm a nanny. I hate that the few you hear about are Negative abusive assholes. They kill it for the rest of us.

OP don't be so offended they are probably just tryng to fit in with you. Like the advice you get on CM you can take it or leave it.

Surround yourself with people that add to your life not subtract from it.

model1000mom
by on Jan. 11, 2013 at 1:02 PM
2 moms liked this

I have learned a bit from a nanny of 22 yrs about how to manage my time and children without going insane. She also had a lot of experience in discipline without anger which has helped me deal with my special needs toddler so I wouldnt throw them under the train without at least listening. 

lizzie_ann
by Platinum Member on Jan. 11, 2013 at 1:03 PM
2 moms liked this

Advice is advice and can be good or bad. I wouldn't automatically take someone's advice just because she has 8 kids and I wouldn't automatically disregard someone's advice just because she had no kids of her own. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 11, 2013 at 1:34 PM

they are not MY nanny. I don't have a nanny. I'm a SAHM, full time student and work a part time job. My husband is a SAHD and a full time student. If I am not with them, my husband is.

These are women in their mid-late 20's who nanny other people's kids. They don't spend hardly ANY time with mine- unless you count them coming over to hang out and my kids are around.

Quoting Anonymous:

maybe she has some good points. maybe you could try listening to her. I bet shes with your kids more then you are anyway.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN