Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Cousin wants me to give her baby clothes back. WWYD update in blue

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 234 Replies

So I have a cousin that had a baby that is 2 years older than mine, last year she had a yard sale and had some really nice brand name clothes, that I bought from her.  She is expecting again and it's going to be a boy, and she called me and told me that she'd like her clothes back when my son outgrows them.  She says her MIL bought them for her and they are expensive.  Do you think I should have to worry about keeping them in good shape so I can return them to her free of charge, when I paid for them or what?

I came back and this post had exploded there are a few questions people are asking me, Yes my cousin was having a yard sale cause she needed money, but this is not a person you just hand money too, so I have my reasons for not just giving her money, but the clothes were nice clothes some still had he swing tags someone asked how much I paid.  About 80.00 total, someone also asked me if I had sold them, no I haven't sold them, my little boy is wearing some of them.  As far as her just giving me the clothes they weren't all used hand me down so I wouldn't expect that, she was having a yard sale for a reason.  Someone also asked how she worded her question.  It was basically "Ya know those clothes you got from me some of them are pretty expensive and when you get done with em I'd like them back."  Someone also commented on pettiness yes I suppose it is a bit petty of me to come on here I was just wanting some feedback.  I am surprised by the amount of it. 

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 11, 2013 at 1:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
littlewonders
by on Jan. 11, 2013 at 1:47 PM
3 moms liked this
No u paid for them. Lol
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
tisami1
by Member on Jan. 11, 2013 at 1:47 PM
9 moms liked this

I think you bought them and they are yours. She can buy them back if you choose or you get to do whatever you want with them. Thats kind of crappy on her part.

ImNotKarl
by Also Not Paul on Jan. 11, 2013 at 1:48 PM
1 mom liked this

I wouldn't worry about keeping them in good shape, but I would give her what I was no longer using. You could just tell her that since you paid for them, you don't really feel right about giving them back to the person you bought them from.

lovinmyboys...
by Gold Member on Jan. 11, 2013 at 1:48 PM
No, you paid for them, she didn't just give them to you or loan them to you.
weezer_cookie
by Platinum Member on Jan. 11, 2013 at 1:48 PM
I agree.

Quoting tisami1:

I think you bought them and they are yours. She can buy them back if you choose or you get to do whatever you want with them. Thats kind of crappy on her part.

JenB1983
15 moms liked this
I would laugh at her, and let her know she is more than welcome to purchase them back.
frankiesma530
Is she gonna pay you for them?
Lovinmybabas
by Bronze Member on Jan. 11, 2013 at 1:49 PM
She's a weirdo. You bought them.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Momoftwinkies
by Silver Member on Jan. 11, 2013 at 1:50 PM
That is an odd request. I don't know what I would do.
shortyalicia
by Member on Jan. 11, 2013 at 1:50 PM
4 moms liked this
Nope,you paid for them. You should sell them back to her, not give them away.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN