Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Cousin wants me to give her baby clothes back. WWYD update in blue

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

So I have a cousin that had a baby that is 2 years older than mine, last year she had a yard sale and had some really nice brand name clothes, that I bought from her.  She is expecting again and it's going to be a boy, and she called me and told me that she'd like her clothes back when my son outgrows them.  She says her MIL bought them for her and they are expensive.  Do you think I should have to worry about keeping them in good shape so I can return them to her free of charge, when I paid for them or what?

I came back and this post had exploded there are a few questions people are asking me, Yes my cousin was having a yard sale cause she needed money, but this is not a person you just hand money too, so I have my reasons for not just giving her money, but the clothes were nice clothes some still had he swing tags someone asked how much I paid.  About 80.00 total, someone also asked me if I had sold them, no I haven't sold them, my little boy is wearing some of them.  As far as her just giving me the clothes they weren't all used hand me down so I wouldn't expect that, she was having a yard sale for a reason.  Someone also asked how she worded her question.  It was basically "Ya know those clothes you got from me some of them are pretty expensive and when you get done with em I'd like them back."  Someone also commented on pettiness yes I suppose it is a bit petty of me to come on here I was just wanting some feedback.  I am surprised by the amount of it. 

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 11, 2013 at 1:46 PM
Replies (231-234):
numonestunar
by Gold Member on Jan. 11, 2013 at 7:58 PM
If she doesn't want to buy them, keep them. Or burn them. Lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
celestegood
by Ruby Member on Jan. 11, 2013 at 8:03 PM
1 mom liked this
What an update. You did not tell us what you plan on doing. Curious minds want to know!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kimmyt0810
by on Jan. 11, 2013 at 8:06 PM

In my opinion, you bought them, they are yours to do with as you chose. If you wish to give them back to her, so be it. If you want her to buy them back, thats your choice. She shouldn't expect you to just give them back to her since you PAID her for them. If she had just given them to you, then yes you should give them back.

rgilner
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 5:41 PM

I wouldnt worry about keeping them in nice shape they are yours, since you bought them.  If she wants to refund your $80 thats a different story ... 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured