Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

im sorry i just have to ask...

Posted by on Jan. 11, 2013 at 2:09 PM
  • 86 Replies
By no means is this post meant to offend anyone so please do not take it the wrong way but I am about 5'4 and weigh 145. I'm not super skinny but I'm not heavy either. I wear a size 9 in pants and my stomach is flabby. As much as Id like to workout I just don't have the desire. I am so uncomfortable with being naked and I hate looking at myself in the mirror...I'm disgusted with myself. So my questions is for thr women who are on the heavy side. How do you cope with being overweight? Are you really uncomfortable in your own skin?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 11, 2013 at 2:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MalakbelLacuna
by on Jan. 11, 2013 at 2:11 PM

I love my body. I would love to be "firmer" but I really am happy with me. its a state of mind

CuzImMOM
by on Jan. 11, 2013 at 2:11 PM
I'm not but I'm starting to get there.

I'm happy with the way I am. My dh loves me for me.
puertoricangeek
by on Jan. 11, 2013 at 2:12 PM

I love my body. The way I see it, if my husband still grabs on me and tells me I'm sexy why do I need to change?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jan. 11, 2013 at 2:12 PM
2 moms liked this

I try not to look into the mirror

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 11, 2013 at 2:13 PM

I can't really help because I'm in the same boat.  I can tell you that age helps.  As I age I realize that, unless I'm so heavy that the weight affects my health, appearance really isn't that important.  I just remind myself that DH thinks I'm beautiful.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 11, 2013 at 2:13 PM

I try to buy clothes that fit well and cover as much as possible.  And except for when I'm buying those clothes, I avoid most mirrors.

lyssesmommy
by Bronze Member on Jan. 11, 2013 at 2:16 PM
1 mom liked this
I think I prefer winter over summer so I can wear long sleeves and jeans rather then shorts and bathing suits

Quoting Anonymous:

I try to buy clothes that fit well and cover as much as possible.  And except for when I'm buying those clothes, I avoid most mirrors.

lyssesmommy
by Bronze Member on Jan. 11, 2013 at 2:18 PM
I believe age has a huge factor..I'm 29 and I feel every yr o gain more and more..you would think I used to go to the gym and all that good stuff and have pics where I look great but still thght I was fat then and wish I looked.like that now but I have no desire or drive..I want another baby and scared as hell to think I will be so big after :(

Quoting Anonymous:

I can't really help because I'm in the same boat.  I can tell you that age helps.  As I age I realize that, unless I'm so heavy that the weight affects my health, appearance really isn't that important.  I just remind myself that DH thinks I'm beautiful.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jan. 11, 2013 at 2:18 PM

I used to be your weight and I'm 5'4". I wore a size 9. I was "soft" but not what I would call fat. I guess a fitness nut would've called me flabby. Anyway, I loved my size. DH loved my size. He loved my curves and so did I. Don't be down on yourself.

Being about 30lbs bigger, three kids later, I don't like being naked around anyone and I avoid the mirror when getting in the shower.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Jan. 11, 2013 at 2:20 PM
1 mom liked this
I'm not heavy (people say I'm skinny), but I'm not toned either.

Honestly, start working out and eating better. Not for the weight loss, just the act of doing it and knowing you're doing good things for your body makes you feel better about yourself. I work out everyday, and although I haven't seen bug changes in my body, I feel much better about myself. :-)
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)