Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

ugh MIL

Posted by on Jan. 11, 2013 at 2:11 PM
  • 8 Replies

you may have seen me post before about my situation. my family is living in my MIL'S house cause we lost ours and she went to florida to stay with her sick mother. so shes been gone about 5 months and we have had nothing but problems, land lord is a piece of shit, dealing with the disabled roommate she has, lack of money since were paying all of her bills (things that we didnt have when we were on our own because we couldnt afford it but we have to pay it because its hers). we cant cook here because the stove is nasty and infested with bugs from her neighbor, her animals that we are expected to buy food and what not and if the roommate offers to buy it i get yelled at cause its not his animals, well there not mine either, we didnt offer to stay here while she takes off, it was forced on us. 

it was originally set up that the three bedrooms upstairs were one was mine and dhs, one was the kids and one was MIL'S. well about a month after she left  we discovered black mold in the kids room, so they couldnt stay in there the landlord wont do anything and we cant afford a professional so we just sealed the room off and the kids had been staying in mils room. we had decided to move after she tells us that we are worthless peices of shit and we dont do anything. we are moving the 19th of jan and she told us she was coming back the 16th of jan. well she calls and says today that she will be home TOMMOROW.  and gave us a list of things that she expects to be done before she gets home. i have to take dd and stay with my mom for the week because there is not enough room for 4 ppl to stay in one room. (ss is only here on the weekends). her reason is sil lost her dog, which she has lost her before so idk. im just stressed now. 

i cant wait to move

by on Jan. 11, 2013 at 2:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
sallyblueeyes
by on Jan. 11, 2013 at 2:40 PM

BUMP!

TAG_ur_it
by Platinum Member on Jan. 11, 2013 at 2:43 PM
1 mom liked this

leave now and tell her to go fuck herself.  all of you go stay with your parents. and report the landlord.  those are all health code violations and must be taken care of by the landlord. 

mama.farmer
by on Jan. 11, 2013 at 2:43 PM

Wow. MIL sounds like a peach. This also sounds VERY familiar.

sallyblueeyes
by on Jan. 11, 2013 at 2:49 PM

Quoting mama.farmer:

ive posted about some of this stuff before. 

and to the pp

my dh is staying here because there isnt enough room at my moms we are moving in with her but we are all moving to a bigger place on the 19th. shes in a two bedroom now and my brother is still at home so i will have to sleep on one couch and my dd the other. and mils house is closer to his work. the roommates caseworker wants to  call the housing authority on the landlord but the house will be condemed its falling apart but she needs the roommates persmission and he wont give it because MIL doesnt want him too. it has been hell here but its almost over.

MumsTheWord571
by Platinum Member on Jan. 11, 2013 at 2:52 PM
You're still in that house?? I'm glad you're moving. As for her list, tell her to stuff it.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
tarakay0417
by on Jan. 11, 2013 at 2:57 PM
I am glad you are moving soon. Tell her to shove her list up her ass.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mama.farmer
by on Jan. 11, 2013 at 3:00 PM

No doubt. But it's also ridiculously familiar in MY life. This past summer, we went home for 3 weeks on vacation, and since each set of parents is only an hour apart, in a very rural area, we split time between the houses. I tried to get my husband to let us call my parents' house "home base" because my mom actually has accommodations for guests, but he wanted to spend some nights at his parents' house too. I was 6 months pregnant at the time, they had no bed for us so we had to borrow a blow up mattress from my parents, buy our own sheets and pillows and blanket, and secure a safe sleeping place for my daughter because our "room" was upstairs and there is no guard rail to prevent her from falling if she wasn't careful. Furthermore, right before we arrived (we drove), my MIL was admitted to the hospital for some medical issues, and was there for a week of our visit. While there, we went to her house and cooked for my FIL, cleaned up (because they're both slobs and who wants their kids running around in a pig sty?) and just sat around bored stupid. When she came home she played it up big, demanding that I bring her food and such without so much as a please or thank you...and then when she insisted on holding a BBQ in my husband's honor (it was the last time he was home before deployment), she sat around whining while her friend, my husband, and myself deep cleaned her house again. I didn't want to do it, but my husband was embarassed at how it looked and especially because my parents were invited guests to this BBQ as well...he didn't want my mom seeing what a slob his mom is. So we cleaned. And then after it was over, her MIL (Grandma) started to help clean up and my MIL told her to stop, that they had help for clean up and she was a guest. When EVERYONE was gone but my ILs and us, my FIL started to clean up but MIL stopped HIM and said that dh and I would do it. DH was PISSED. We did the bare minimum, getting rid of the food that would have drawn bugs, and then went to bed. That was our last night in their home; we barely slept, we were turned into slaves, and we funded quite a bit, including his sister's birthday, even though it was MIL's responsibility and all she did the whole day was whine and guilt-trip SIL for not wanting to make her own bday pizza. 

Quoting sallyblueeyes:

Quoting mama.farmer:

ive posted about some of this stuff before. 

mama.farmer
by on Jan. 11, 2013 at 3:01 PM

In short, MILs can suck BAD.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)