Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

how do i polieltly tell her, her children are brats?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 23 Replies
I have this friend who I just hate hanging out with because her kids are so spoiled and annoying. They are 7 and 5. They cry when they don't get dr.pepper, they cry when they leave something in the car and want to go get it. Like literally its a 15 minute issue of them staring at her right in front of her saying please mommmy then crying when she says no then stomping and saying I want it nowwwww.
They cry all the damn time and she is just don't talk to me that way it makes me sad. Wtf. Seriously.
I love her to death. I just can't handle her kids. She homeschools so they are with her all the time so I tend to not do as much with her anymore.
I feel bad but her kids are just annoying as hell. I just don't know how to tell her that I won't mind lunch with you..the embarrassing tantum that will ensue with your kids I could do without.
My teenage daughters don't even like babyaiting them because they serioulsy have to be the worlds worst example of parenting gone wrong.
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 11, 2013 at 2:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 11, 2013 at 2:18 PM
She calls them dramatic. She just says they're dramatic in nature.
bustybee
by Buzz Lightyear on Jan. 11, 2013 at 2:22 PM

I couldn't tell you. I guess it depends on how much you want her friendship and how blunt you are in general. :)

Bitterroot
by on Jan. 11, 2013 at 2:23 PM

Personally, I'd simply quit being friends with her because I don't know how I could honestly tell her that her children are spoiled and not ruin the friendship, anyway.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 11, 2013 at 2:23 PM
I don't want to be blunt. She wants to know why my kids don't want to watch her kids anymore or why we don't hang out much anymore.
I just don't have the heart to tell her its your unruly children

Quoting bustybee:

I couldn't tell you. I guess it depends on how much you want her friendship and how blunt you are in general. :)

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 11, 2013 at 2:25 PM
I know. :( I really do like her.

She wants to know what my kids don't want to babysit anymore and then she asked we don't even hang out much anymore either.
Well..I just don't know how to or even if I want to say its because of your kids

Quoting Bitterroot:

Personally, I'd simply quit being friends with her because I don't know how I could honestly tell her that her children are spoiled and not ruin the friendship, anyway.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 11, 2013 at 2:27 PM
Well my only friends and I are super close. I consider them sisters. So I tell their kids when they are brats as she will do to mine.
Bitterroot
by on Jan. 11, 2013 at 2:28 PM
1 mom liked this

If she asked why your children don't want to babysit, then be honest (but nice about it.)  "My kids struggle taking care of your children."

If she's asked you why you don't hang out much anymore, just say that you would prefer some one-on-one time with her when the children aren't around.

Quoting Anonymous:

I know. :( I really do like her.

She wants to know what my kids don't want to babysit anymore and then she asked we don't even hang out much anymore either.
Well..I just don't know how to or even if I want to say its because of your kids

Quoting Bitterroot:

do11face
by Platinum Member on Jan. 11, 2013 at 2:29 PM

You don't.

You either accept her and children as is for the sake of the friendship or you move on with your life.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 11, 2013 at 2:30 PM

That's a really tough situation - are you guys REALLY good friends?  I'm asking for 2 reasons - to kind of see how close you are, and what the friendship is worth to you.  

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 11, 2013 at 2:30 PM
I have she just says oh they're just dramatic in nature. Like its no big deal her 7 year old is throwing a fit on the floor

Quoting Anonymous:

Well my only friends and I are super close. I consider them sisters. So I tell their kids when they are brats as she will do to mine.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)