Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

sucks

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 10 Replies
We are over drawn $155 and change. We are amost out of food. Bills are over due. I can't find a job, I am trying. We get a check Monday, it will cover the overdraft and buy us groceries.
Dh and I may go hungry this weekend but the kids will be fed.
How did we get so behind? I just can't figure it out. Dh had to take some time off so we saved and tried to be frugal. Some how we still fell behind.
I am having a hard time seeing a light at the end of this tunnel! How will we ever get caught up?
Just needed to vent. I can't quit crying.
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 11, 2013 at 2:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
wooly
by Knitting Maniac on Jan. 11, 2013 at 2:38 PM

Try going to a food bank before the weekend to tide you over? Borrow from parents or inlaws? I know I've borrowed from my inlaws and I've sent money to my kids when they needed it..

locaporbebe
by Gold Member on Jan. 11, 2013 at 2:38 PM

Sorry we just went through a similar situations. Focus on the good and it will help you get though the bad.

kamrynlily07
by Silver Member on Jan. 11, 2013 at 2:41 PM
We go through that sometimes...times are tough :( I'm sorry mama, it's a helpless feeling when you have kids, I know. Is there anyone you can borrow from?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 11, 2013 at 2:43 PM
Are you on PA? You sound like you're really trying, but maybe y'all could get on PA until you find a job, at least for the kids sake.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 11, 2013 at 2:47 PM
We applied and were denied for January because we sold our car and that is considered income. We will get $223 for food starting in February.
It just sucks. My kids keep asking for snacks andI have to tell them no.

Quoting Anonymous:

Are you on PA? You sound like you're really trying, but maybe y'all could get on PA until you find a job, at least for the kids sake.

notjstasocermom
by Ruby Member on Jan. 11, 2013 at 2:49 PM

when you buy groceries what do you buy? 

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 11, 2013 at 2:49 PM
I am going to ask family. Times are hard for everyone right now so I don't know how helpful that will be.
It just sucks because we will have to pay back what we borrow it feels like I am digging us ib deeper for some temporary relief

Quoting kamrynlily07:

We go through that sometimes...times are tough :( I'm sorry mama, it's a helpless feeling when you have kids, I know. Is there anyone you can borrow from?

wumbo
by on Jan. 11, 2013 at 2:51 PM

Sell your computer.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 11, 2013 at 2:51 PM
Eggs, milk, flour (i make as much from scratch as I can) that type of stuff

Quoting notjstasocermom:

when you buy groceries what do you buy? 

GodchickwithMS
by on Jan. 11, 2013 at 2:54 PM
we are there right now too...it is tough and it sucks...i would try a food bank or a church. I am a pt personal trainer so i drink protein shakes so dh and ds can eat decent meals.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)