Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My naming dilemma....

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 28 Replies
I know in scheme of things this is not really an issue, but I still would like advice :)

My name, my dhs name and our sons name start with a B. We didnt name our son specifically so it could start with a B, it just ended up that thats the name we finally agreed on. So now my problem is, with a new baby on the way, does his/her name have to start with a B? I never really thought about it, and didnt figure it would matter, but I have been told that new baby will feel left out if the name is different....

What do you ladies think? Does it really matter?
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 11, 2013 at 2:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
wildlilacs
by on Jan. 11, 2013 at 3:02 PM
Nope, it wont matter.when the wee one asks, just say you loved the name you picked. Its special.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
SterlingHeart
by on Jan. 11, 2013 at 3:02 PM

go for the B 

Kitschy
by on Jan. 11, 2013 at 3:03 PM

That's the silliest thing I've ever heard. 'New baby" won't even know his name is different in that way until he's 4-6 years old. 

Also it's likely that the kid will call you guys mom and dad and not by your first names

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 11, 2013 at 3:03 PM
Thats what I was thinking, but according to some family members, I am setting him/her up for therapy for life lmao

Quoting wildlilacs:

Nope, it wont matter.when the wee one asks, just say you loved the name you picked. Its special.

macysmom
by Platinum Member on Jan. 11, 2013 at 3:04 PM
No! My family is pressuring me to name the new one with an M like me and oldest daughter .. but NO.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 11, 2013 at 3:05 PM
I would go with the B. I'd feel left out if my name didn't start with a B. lol.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 11, 2013 at 3:05 PM
Yes, but at 4, are they going to be like "why dont you love me enough" lol I know it is stupid. Like i said, I never even realized it could be an issue til people started mentioning it

Quoting Kitschy:

That's the silliest thing I've ever heard. 'New baby" won't even know his name is different in that way until he's 4-6 years old. 

Also it's likely that the kid will call you guys mom and dad and not by your first names

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 11, 2013 at 3:06 PM
I think it's cheesy when family members' names all start with the same letter.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 11, 2013 at 3:07 PM
Would you seriously? If its a girl, I kind of like Bailey, but thats the only B name I like and if its a boy, I dont really like an options lol

Quoting Anonymous:

I would go with the B. I'd feel left out if my name didn't start with a B. lol.

1boy1girlmama
by Silver Member on Jan. 11, 2013 at 3:07 PM

I don't think it would matter that much.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)