Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Mirena

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 18 Replies
For you ladies that have or have had Mirena...did you have any issues? Side effects? Likes? Dislikes? Thanks in advance. I am supposed to have one put in next week.
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 11, 2013 at 4:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mommysangelface
by Emerald Member on Jan. 11, 2013 at 4:13 PM
1 mom liked this

i have it. 

7 months now

had spotting each month

2 months period free

hurt a little going in

like a bad period cramp

nothing since

love it

mommy404204
by Bronze Member on Jan. 11, 2013 at 4:16 PM

I have had mine in for about 2 and a half years. I will be getting it removed soon. I have serious weight gain. I tried to lose the weight and will lose about 5lbs then it comes right back even though my eating and drinking do not change. Also I have cramps that are almost debilitating. But the good thing is that I have not had a period in over 2 years

momsince04
by on Jan. 11, 2013 at 4:18 PM
I had it for 5 yrs no, problems. I didn't get my period either. It did Hurt when they put it in.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Sweets_7484
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 6:18 AM

I had one placed after having my daughter who will be 6 in may and it was the most horrible experience ever. That being said the doctor that did it I wasn't familiar with, It punctured my uterus and began to bleed badly. That being said it was at a military hospital and I never saw the doctor again i had it removed. started birth control pills switching from one to the other until I found one that finally worked. I have endometriosis. I began having extremely long periods that lasted 2 1/2 months with maybe a week break between them fed up I found a new doctor that was awesome. She placed my second Mirena last July. It wasn't painless, and caused sever cramps the first day and some bleeding that day and the next. then a mini period. after that my periods were irregular for a bit now are getting further apart and lighter but only lasting 4 days. I had horrible cramping before and now I have none. It has truly been a life saver. My only advice is find a great doctor. that is all the difference.

xtwistedxlovex
by Platinum Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 6:20 AM
Two words: hormonal rollercoaster. My body can't seem to adjust and it's been more than 4 years. I hate it and want to switch to paragard.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cupcake_mom
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 6:22 AM
I have the paragard and i love it. i love the fact that there are no hormones. hormones make me such a bitch. i have had the paragard for 3 months now and love it, even my friends have seen a difference in me since the all the hormones are gone.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jb0520
by Platinum Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 6:23 AM
Hated it, had it for 9 months!!!! Lost a TON of hair! Had two bad skin takes that would not go away, they finally disappeared after removal
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
GwenGray
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 6:23 AM

I got pregnant with twins on it... No lie. 

brebugmom91
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 6:23 AM
I have it and love it. No issues. I've had it for 18 months.
hollinicole
by Silver Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 6:24 AM
I had it 4.5 years and it was great the first 4 years, the last half I had bad mood swings, no engery, and pain that felt like my vajayjay was going to pop right out, it moved. Other then that it was okay. Have some bad bleeding the first 3 months but they said its normal and only had a period every 6 months or so.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)