Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Do I really have to wear a dress

Posted by   + Show Post
If the invitation says cocktail attire? I have a pair of very nice black dress slacks I planned to wear with a red dressy top
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 11, 2013 at 6:28 PM
Replies (21-30):
SterlingHeart
by on Jan. 11, 2013 at 6:41 PM

nah the pants sound dressy enough -  you be comfortable 

Roxygurl
by Emerald Member on Jan. 11, 2013 at 6:42 PM
Ugh. Well if I find a fancier top can I still wear the nice black dress slacks?

The party is at the museum of natural science after hours and there will be dinner and dancing.

Quoting Anonymous:

IMO, that looks too casual for an event that requires cocktail attire.

Quoting Roxygurl:

This is the top. I promise it looks fancier in person. My fiancé wrinkle his nose up at it based on the picture but then when it actually came in he said that it looks a lot nicer in person.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jadsmummy
by on Jan. 11, 2013 at 6:43 PM
Its too casual. Just wear a dress.

Quoting Roxygurl:

This is the top. I promise it looks fancier in person. My fiancé wrinkle his nose up at it based on the picture but then when it actually came in he said that it looks a lot nicer in person.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
MichLW69
by PackersXLV4 on Jan. 11, 2013 at 6:46 PM
What you're planning on wearing sounds like cocktail attire. Just glam it up w accessories and a nice pair of heels.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Nikki286
by Tosya on Jan. 11, 2013 at 6:46 PM

Women

Formal Cocktail Attire

Cocktail attire for women is an elegant short dress usually dark in color that is above, at or below the knee length. If you are uncertain, a basic “little black dress” is always a safe choice and will work almost anywhere.

http://etiquette-tips.com/dress-code/dress-code-cocktail-attire

Informal Cocktail Attire

Dress is always a good choice for any cocktail party, but for women there are other options too. Depending on the event a nice pair of pants or a skirt and an elegant top with elegant accessories acceptable.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 11, 2013 at 6:47 PM
I'm sorry to say but that definitely is NOT fancy enough hun :(

Quoting Roxygurl:

Roxygurl
by Emerald Member on Jan. 11, 2013 at 6:47 PM
*stomps foot* it's not FAIR!!! I don't wanna wear a dress!!!!

Quoting Nikki286:

Women

Formal Cocktail Attire

Cocktail attire for women is an elegant short dress usually dark in color that is above, at or below the knee length. If you are uncertain, a basic “little black dress” is always a safe choice and will work almost anywhere.

Informal Cocktail Attire

Dress is always a good choice for any cocktail party, but for women there are other options too. Depending on the event a nice pair of pants or a skirt and an elegant top with elegant accessories acceptable.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jan. 11, 2013 at 6:50 PM

here are some easy and not expensive dresses as an option instead and all between 33.00-40.00 at jcpenny's. that way if he is out of town then you didn't spend to much and you can always keep it int he closet so you don't have this problem next time

Jones Wear® Satin Faux Wrap DressAmerican Living Ruffled Lace Dress

catrig
by Platinum Member on Jan. 11, 2013 at 6:50 PM

Wear what you want!  Fuck conformity!

Nikki286
by Tosya on Jan. 11, 2013 at 6:51 PM

lol sorry? proper etiquette

Quoting Roxygurl:

*stomps foot* it's not FAIR!!! I don't wanna wear a dress!!!!

Quoting Nikki286:

Women

Formal Cocktail Attire

Informal Cocktail Attire

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN