Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

10 year age difference?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 54 Replies
1 mom liked this
So I'm 20 years old and I recently started dating a guy who is 30. He brings me flowers everytime we go out on a date, we have not had sex (only kissed), and he is so sweet and I like him...a lot!

Is the 10 year age difference bad? Too big of a gap?
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 11, 2013 at 7:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
AliKatAK47
by Meanie Pants on Jan. 11, 2013 at 7:03 PM

No. I don't see anything wrong with it.

CcCwgrl
by Member on Jan. 11, 2013 at 7:06 PM
There is an almost 10 year difference in my Dh and me. We are doing great
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Livv066
by Silver Member on Jan. 11, 2013 at 7:07 PM
Not at all, as long as he treats you right.
DH & I are 12 yrs apart, & we do just fine. :)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
theosgirl45
by Platinum Member on Jan. 11, 2013 at 7:07 PM

There is a 10 year age difference between my Dad and his wife.  Dad is 48 and his wife is 58.  They have been married for 10 years or so now.

Isabelles_mommy
by Bronze Member on Jan. 11, 2013 at 7:09 PM
2 moms liked this

i see nothing wrong with it as long as both are adults and yall treat eachother right. Men mature slower then women, by 30 he's past all the stupid boy to man crap.

wooly
by Knitting Maniac on Jan. 11, 2013 at 7:11 PM
1 mom liked this

As you get older the age gap matters less & less. Right now I think this is a large age gap because of your ages . If you were 10 years older I would say go for it!

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 11, 2013 at 7:20 PM
1 mom liked this
My husband and I are 10 yrs apart. Been married 7 yrs. perfect for us.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 11, 2013 at 9:57 PM
What do you mean by that? I am only 20 but I am in school full time, work part time, I have my own place , I pay my own bills, and I have been a single mother since I had my daughter when I was 18. In my opinion I think a older guy is what I need because all guys want at my age is in my pants or go party and I am a mother and I want a relationship not just sex.

Quoting wooly:

As you get older the age gap matters less & less. Right now I think this is a large age gap because of your ages . If you were 10 years older I would say go for it!

wooly
by Knitting Maniac on Jan. 11, 2013 at 10:10 PM

Maybe you feel you're mature, but a 30 yr old dating a 20 yr old is probably looking more for sex than what you think.

Quoting Anonymous:

What do you mean by that? I am only 20 but I am in school full time, work part time, I have my own place , I pay my own bills, and I have been a single mother since I had my daughter when I was 18. In my opinion I think a older guy is what I need because all guys want at my age is in my pants or go party and I am a mother and I want a relationship not just sex.

Quoting wooly:

LoriLou75
by Ruby Member on Jan. 11, 2013 at 10:12 PM
There is ten years between dh and I.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured