Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I spiked my son's drink

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

with strawberry syrup, he is 20 months and he loved it.

Did you ever add anything to your toddlers beverages?

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 11, 2013 at 8:55 PM
Replies (11-20):
ANSLUASI
by on Jan. 11, 2013 at 9:02 PM

We occassionally make maple moo, maple syrup in milk. DD loves it:)

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 11, 2013 at 9:02 PM
damn. It was all a ploy to get people to read your post.....
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 11, 2013 at 9:04 PM

His drink was milk, I will have to try that he may like it too.

Quoting Lunarprancer:

What drink?

My mom used to put vanilla extract in my milk, it was yum.

ATG499
by Platinum Member on Jan. 11, 2013 at 9:04 PM
Crystal Light or Mio in his water, or Ovaltine in his milk! We put some coffee creamer in his milk before, but I wasn't comfortable with it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bellaamore
by Gold Member on Jan. 11, 2013 at 9:05 PM

My daughter was refusing to drink milk, but also didnt eat much, particularly low amounts of fats and protein.

I gave her s strawberry milkshake that i let melt made with whole fat milk and real whipped cream in it.. She loved it. After a few days, i gave her an ice cold strawberry pediasure.a few days after that, i gave her the peiasure mixed withwhole milk. She now drinks about 12 oz a day of strawberrypediasure and milk after meals.

Hopefully soon i can get her to just milk, lol. Otherwise, she just drinks water. On special occasions, she drinks bolthouse farms or odwalla juice.

angeleyes16
by Silver Member on Jan. 11, 2013 at 9:06 PM

I don't, because my kids like milk by itself. So why fix what isn't broken? They do get chocolate milk as a treat on occasions though, but not until they were much older. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 11, 2013 at 9:07 PM

I know the feeling ds is on a liquid vitamin and that is the only way to get him to drink it. He always samples things before he will actually eat or drink it. lol

Quoting BabySocks0912:

Awe.I'm glad he liked it. When Ds was younger and wouldn't take his meds i would spike his drinks. He's 3 now so, once in awhile dh will trick him into trying something new lol

bigmessylife
by Bronze Member on Jan. 11, 2013 at 9:08 PM
Yeah....I mix vitamins to my sons kefir. They taste horrible without being mixed in.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 11, 2013 at 9:09 PM

Hope she gets better soon.

Quoting muzzyh:

I had to spike my dd's chocolate malt with amoxicillin tonight. Damn you, strep throat!

TAG_ur_it
by Platinum Member on Jan. 11, 2013 at 9:11 PM

when my daughter is consitpated, i spike her chocolate milk with a dose of laxative.  so much easier that way.  haven't had to do it in a long while though because her potty issues have stopped.  instead if holding it for over a week at a time because she was afraid it would hurt, she has now embraced pooping and leaves them behind for us to gawk at.  you'd think a grown man had been in there. oy.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)