Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Is it normal to feel this way about your child?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

My son came out as gay a few weeks ago. I cannot help but feel disappointed. I won't have biological grandkids. When I gave birth to him I had a vision of how great his life will be, wife, kids etc. Now I cant help but think of how hard his life will be with unaccepting people and things. I just feel sad. 

I still love him and treat him the same. I just feel sad. Like a part of they boy I knew was lost.

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 11, 2013 at 8:58 PM
Replies (11-20):
Fairegirl33
by Gold Member on Jan. 11, 2013 at 9:03 PM
I think I would feel the same way...
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
So_Devious20
by Misha Lovegood<3 on Jan. 11, 2013 at 9:03 PM
it's possible. =)

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting So_Devious20:

who says you won't have bio kids?

if he's male and likes males and my only child? 

I mean I guess he could go invetro but ahhh its just not how I pictured it. I would still love the grandbabies if there are some unconditionally as I do him. 

angeleyes16
by Silver Member on Jan. 11, 2013 at 9:04 PM

I think that it's okay for you to feel that way. I would feel that way too. Hugs.

sfkdny
by Platinum Member on Jan. 11, 2013 at 9:04 PM

I am not going to knock your feelings, as you are entitled to them.  I hope things get easier over time.

cLanief
by Ruby Member on Jan. 11, 2013 at 9:05 PM
Eh it's ok to be a bit disappointed. But ya never know about biokids... it could happen. If my kids end up gay I'll be fine but I'll ask themtotake one for the team lol
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 11, 2013 at 9:05 PM
Thats actually my only fear if my son is gay. Besides him having a tough time with some people that is really my main thought when the subject has come up on here! He is only 8 and i have 2 kids....but what if they are both gay? I want grandbabies!!!!
jessimicuh
by Gold Member on Jan. 11, 2013 at 9:05 PM
It's probably a normal feeling ..
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 11, 2013 at 9:07 PM

very normal! My DH dad just decided to make a sex change. Its hard when you know someone a certain way your whole life. We still love him. Its just hard

Cynthje
by Bronze Member on Jan. 11, 2013 at 9:08 PM

He can still have bio kids! my husbands gay uncle has a bio child! 

Anyway i think its normal to feel that way, it takes time to say goodbye to your dreams for your child (hope that makes any sense) and to accept a new reality! 

ColleenF30
by Lube Girl on Jan. 11, 2013 at 9:11 PM

Normal to feel that way. Don't 100% rule out bio grandkids...He could get someone to surrogate carry his child if he wants to. You may be surprised in the future. He is still your baby boy no matter what. *hugs*

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)