Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Why do people think teens will always do what they want anyways?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 59 Replies

When it comes to sex? people always say to just put them on birth control because they will have sex anyway. They will find a way. I agree birth control should be used, but I don't think its true they will find a way. As parents we should prevent it.

Take them to and from school.

have the school call if theyre not in class. 

Punish for skipping class.

Have someone home with them at all times.

Have alarms on at night with passwords only you know

take their phones or computers so they have no way to contact whoever it is they want to sleep with

I mean, if the kid were doing cocaine, we would be doing all of this to stop it. Sex should be the same thing. 

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 11, 2013 at 9:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
weaveress
by Silver Member on Jan. 11, 2013 at 9:25 PM
1 mom liked this

i guess I just don't agree that it should be prevented. Sex is a natural process unlike drug use and I have talked to my children who aren't even teens yet about the consequences. I continue to reiterate them every time we have a talk related to their bodies. At some point they need to make choices and I have taught them ot make good choices or have the consequences. 

HeathersForever
by on Jan. 11, 2013 at 9:25 PM
I know my parents did all they could, and I still snuck ways. I mean my dad's house I climbed from the second floor down to meet my boyfriend and have sex in a field somewhere. He came and threw pebbles at my window the classic bit. I was on the pill because of hormonal problems already, I had 2 week long periods before the pill, but I still made my bf use a condom. But honestly just like a drug addict, someone wants something bad enough they CAN find a way.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BEXi
by BEXi on Jan. 11, 2013 at 9:27 PM
5 moms liked this

Have you ever heard the saying, "if you squeeze sand in your hand REAL tight, all the sand will run out through your fingers.. but if you hold the sand just right, it wont go anywhere."

Money Hungry Mommy Blog

thetrollcat
by Meow on Jan. 11, 2013 at 9:28 PM
2 moms liked this

apparently some people liked fucking when they were twelve and think our teenagers should be fucking at the age of twelve

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 11, 2013 at 9:28 PM
I don't plan on making my children feel like prisoners in their own home. Just saying.
justinnaimee
by Platinum Member on Jan. 11, 2013 at 9:29 PM
I wouldn't do that because I don't think sex and cocaine are on the same level. I hope to teach my kids to respect their bodies and be careful but if they choose to have sex at 16 I won't be disappointed.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
sam12796
by Platinum Member on Jan. 11, 2013 at 9:29 PM

And what if your child is an excellent student, never gave you a reason to distrust her you should take away all freedoms on the chance she or he could have sex? It can happen to anyone.

thetrollcat
by Meow on Jan. 11, 2013 at 9:29 PM
2 moms liked this

and besides only pregnant teenagers are successful grown up MATURE teenagers.

Retrokitty
by Jasmyne on Jan. 11, 2013 at 9:31 PM
I don't think teenage sex is a big deal if its done responsibly personally.
SAnders224
by on Jan. 11, 2013 at 9:31 PM
What if while they are at school they tell their teachers they have to use the bathroom and use that time to fool around?? No matter what you do they will find a way to do it. As long as you keep your kids informed of the risks of sex that's all you really can do.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)