Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

when did you know you were ready for baby #2 ?

Posted by on Jan. 11, 2013 at 9:52 PM
  • 83 Replies
Dh and I have our 16 month old dd and even with chasing after a toddler all day I believe I've caught baby fever . We both want more children and I really want dd to have a sibling and play mate close in age. When did you know you were ready to try again ? Obviously sometimes it's not planned and surprises happen whether you're ready or not !
by on Jan. 11, 2013 at 9:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
danie24
by Ruby Member on Jan. 11, 2013 at 9:58 PM

When our first was 18 months old hubby and I both got baby fever.

We got pregnant again right away (she was still 18 months when I tested positive)

Then when she was 6 and our youngest was 4 we both got baby fever again and got pregnant right away after we started TTC

Our youngest is 7 months and we are both suffering from some serious baby fever again LOL

Maddiesmommy11
by Silver Member on Jan. 11, 2013 at 10:08 PM
Quoting danie24:

When our first was 18 months old hubby and I both got baby fever.

We got pregnant again right away (she was still 18 months when I tested positive)

Then when she was 6 and our youngest was 4 we both got baby fever again and got pregnant right away after we started TTC

Our youngest is 7 months and we are both suffering from some serious baby fever again LOL

Wow lol ! Babies sure have a way of stealing our hearts . Also my older sister is pregnant with her first and I have a lot of friends pregnant and it just seems like everyone wants me to jump on board with them lol ( although we have been planning to anyways ) . It would be neat to go through a pregnancy with a friend I think bc with my first I did not . Good luck with TTC baby # 4 !
Mychele
by Ruby Member on Jan. 11, 2013 at 10:32 PM
2 moms liked this
When was I ready ? Not even when I brought my 2nd home or 3 rd. lol. My kids weren't exactly planned but not exactly prevented. I got pregnant, had a baby, and raising them. :-)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 11, 2013 at 10:33 PM
2 moms liked this
Two pink lines sealed our fate lol
Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Jan. 11, 2013 at 10:34 PM

My 2nd one was a complete surprise

Proud-mama-05
by Gold Member on Jan. 11, 2013 at 10:35 PM
When I watched my niece being born (my son was almost 1) but it wasn't till about 4 months later we actually tried and got pg right away :)
StacyO722
by on Jan. 11, 2013 at 10:36 PM

I said from the beginning that I didn't want to have #2 till DD was potty trained. I was as big as a house when I was pregnant with DD and couldn't imagine chasing after a toddler trying to change a diaper when I was that huge. After DD was potty trained last summer, we started trying. I'm 14 weeks pregnant right now :)

lovinglife0682
by on Jan. 11, 2013 at 10:37 PM
When our oldest turned 3 my husband turned to me one night and said I want a baby again. When our 2 and turned 2 I was ready and he was against it. Finally he realized that my desire to have a third was stronger than his to not.
fullxbusymom
by Ruby Member on Jan. 11, 2013 at 10:39 PM

When I became pregnant when my 1st was 9mo's old. 

alexsmomaubrys2
by Ruby Member on Jan. 11, 2013 at 10:40 PM

I knew the moment my DS was born that I wanted another child immediately. =D

3 months later we were pregnant!

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)