Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do I have to do EVERYTHING?!?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 19 Replies
Since dh was laid off this summer, he's played the roll of sahd. Or...house-husband since dd is at school from 7:45 - 4:00.

Therefore, he does the errands, cleaning, cooking, typical stay-home stuff while I'm at work. I also generally work 60ish hours a week with 1-2 late nights (till 10-11ish) so he gets lots of quality daddy-daughter time. This also means he's the one who should be on top of everything with dd's school...permission forms, homework, etc.

So why the hell am I the one keeping dd up late the night before her assignment is due when dh has had all effing week to work with her?? (She's 4, and her assignment was to write 5 sight words. Had a week to do it). And then...he doesn't even bother to bring it with him so she can turn it in.

Why do I know when all the field trips are before he does? Why does my house smell like a gym?

He swears up and down that he's working soooo hard everyday cleaning up and such, not playing video games or playing on the computer. But how much cleaning is he having to do when he's home alone for 8 hours every damn day?!? The bathroom hasn't been cleaned in over a week, same with vacuuming, he does not dust, and he does dishes and laundry 2-3x a week.

I'm not upset that I'm invested in my kid...I just feel like dh should have me beat considering the time he has available compared to what I've got going on.

SAHMs, please tell me I'm being crazy. That I expect too much of him or something. Cause right now, I just want to punch him in his damn throat.
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 11, 2013 at 9:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 11, 2013 at 9:58 PM

communication is the key.

weaveress
by Silver Member on Jan. 11, 2013 at 9:59 PM

sounds like organization and time management are your issues, or his issues is more like it. The house should be spotless if he has no children. 

MumsTheWord571
by on Jan. 11, 2013 at 10:01 PM
Hmm. If I had hours like that at home without the kids the house would be spotless & homework done, also, I'd be volunteering at the school.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 11, 2013 at 10:01 PM

He needs to get a job.  One that pays money.

BEXi
by BEXi on Jan. 11, 2013 at 10:01 PM
1 mom liked this

According to some of these women, YES. You do.

Us women are slaves to our men and must follow them around like puppies, pick up every piece of trash and dish they leave behind. You better wipe his ass too.. men are totally uncapable of these things! Dont you know? :P

Money Hungry Mommy Blog

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 11, 2013 at 10:05 PM
What else can I do? I reminded him every day this week that dd needed to do her homework. Wasn't till I got home last night that I found out it still had not been done. Just got home tonight to find it still laying on the damn table by the damn door when he knew dd was up well past her bedtime working on it with me.

I've developed cleaning schedules and complained every day that our house stinks. I've told him we cannot have company if we cannot be clean. But yet, I end up being the one to clean on the weekends I'm off because I'm not going to have a completely nasty-ass house. So instead of spending quality time with dd, I get to work more.

Can I communicate physically? Is that warranted at this point? Maybe just kick him in the shin at least? Flick his eyelid? Facepalm him?

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 11, 2013 at 10:06 PM
That's what I think too! I've even offered to help him develop a daily schedule that incorporates relaxation time and whatever.

Quoting weaveress:

sounds like organization and time management are your issues, or his issues is more like it. The house should be spotless if he has no children. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 11, 2013 at 10:07 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

He needs to get a job.  One that pays money.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 11, 2013 at 10:08 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

What else can I do? I reminded him every day this week that dd needed to do her homework. Wasn't till I got home last night that I found out it still had not been done. Just got home tonight to find it still laying on the damn table by the damn door when he knew dd was up well past her bedtime working on it with me.

I've developed cleaning schedules and complained every day that our house stinks. I've told him we cannot have company if we cannot be clean. But yet, I end up being the one to clean on the weekends I'm off because I'm not going to have a completely nasty-ass house. So instead of spending quality time with dd, I get to work more.

Can I communicate physically? Is that warranted at this point? Maybe just kick him in the shin at least? Flick his eyelid? Facepalm him?

Quoting Anonymous:

Face palm for sure. Maybe a flick for good measure. Haha just kidding! Seriously though, I think women are just better wired for some stuff like that!

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 11, 2013 at 10:08 PM
Right? Cause cleaning would take all of 30 minutes if you kept up with it every day, homework can't be done without the kid...what the else would ya do?

Quoting MumsTheWord571:

Hmm. If I had hours like that at home without the kids the house would be spotless & homework done, also, I'd be volunteering at the school.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured