Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

plastibel

Posted by on Jan. 11, 2013 at 10:11 PM
  • 19 Replies
I know im gonna get bashed for this but i dont care. So decided it not me.

My son got circumcisef yesterday and if anyone has had experience with the plastibel device, is it supposed to be like dark red, almost purple on the end under the string?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 11, 2013 at 10:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
emeraldangel2.0
by on Jan. 11, 2013 at 10:13 PM

no boys here

i hope you're prepared for the shitstorm that's about to take place

wooly
by Knitting Maniac on Jan. 11, 2013 at 10:16 PM

Too many years ago since my boys were circ'd. Butnthe last time I posted about circumcision, a mom pm'ed me like a 3 page letter about circumcision.  Good Luck!!

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 11, 2013 at 10:16 PM

yes the color is normal...it will eventually fall off on its own...do not use anything on it and let it heal ...my sons fell off a week later.

ms.momo3
by Chrissy on Jan. 11, 2013 at 10:17 PM
1 mom liked this
Yup. Dont really care what anyone on the internet has to say because you can pretend anything you want online. I bet half the anti circumcision people have their sons circumcized or are circumcised themselves.

Quoting emeraldangel2.0:

no boys here

i hope you're prepared for the shitstorm that's about to take place

B1Bomber
by Platinum Member on Jan. 11, 2013 at 10:18 PM

We used the plastibel for our son. It took a few more days to come off than they said it would, and we spent one morning at the dr because it was crooked and showing red underneath, but everything was fine. If you have a worry, call the pediatrician, but it's a very safe way to do circumcisions.

Aslen
by Ruby Member on Jan. 11, 2013 at 10:18 PM
Im just gonna hold my place.
My question is though, didn't you research this method beforehand?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ms.momo3
by Chrissy on Jan. 11, 2013 at 10:18 PM
Thank you very much. The doc told me to put neosporan or bacitracin on it under the ring. Thats all ive been doing.

Quoting Anonymous:

yes the color is normal...it will eventually fall off on its own...do not use anything on it and let it heal ...my sons fell off a week later.

Duckyteers
by Gold Member on Jan. 11, 2013 at 10:18 PM
No idea. My son is intact. But here's bump. Either way at least your trying to makes sure he is okay. If you don't get a good answer call the doctor. :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
428pm
by on Jan. 11, 2013 at 10:19 PM

My son is circ there was nothing left on him afterwards tho 

LiDoMama
by Gold Member on Jan. 11, 2013 at 10:20 PM
Both my boys were circumcised that way, it will fall off on its own. Wash the area with water, don't pull on it, and you can put petroleum jelly on it if it is irritated. No bashing here, although if my older son wasn't circ'd, I never would have circ'd my youngest.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured