Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Well this sucks giant monkey balls

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 27 Replies
My SO got his first paycheck of the year today, and the amount taken out for federal income tax went up $100. $200 a month less. Now we live paycheck to paycheck, but we do not want for necessities and even some luxuries. But that $200 a month is emergency money. I was expecting to have less but I was not prepared for this much. It is a little disappointing knowing that now it may be even harder to move into a bigger place. I hate getting discouraged like this. We're working really hard to improve our situation (we're both in school) and set backs like this just bring me down a bit. Blah. I hate it.
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 11, 2013 at 10:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
opal10161973
by on Jan. 11, 2013 at 10:29 PM

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 12, 2013 at 12:15 AM
1 mom liked this
Thank you. :)

Quoting opal10161973:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 12, 2013 at 12:16 AM
SS only went up by 2%. There's no way that is $100.
romalove
by SakePrincess on Jan. 12, 2013 at 12:18 AM

Find ways to make money from home.

Babysit

Pet sit

Pet walk

Pick up poop

Offer to organize

Be a maid service

Craft and sell your crafts

Do flea markets

Use your computer to print out advertising for others

Do online blogging for pay on some sites

Teach a class from home, something you know

Bake and sell your creations

You can make up the difference plus some and still take care of your kids.

Pink.Frosting
by Ruby Member on Jan. 12, 2013 at 12:20 AM

Our check was $65 dollars less today.  So $130 per month.  It won't break us by any means, but still...money is money and is tough to lose any that you were accustomed to getting.

momof2.5girls
by Silver Member on Jan. 12, 2013 at 12:31 AM
We r losing 90 a month THANK YOU MR PRESIDENT! !!!!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 12, 2013 at 9:51 AM
That's why I wasn't anticipating loosing this much. If any really, because he also got a 2% cost of living raise, which should have kept his take home pay the same. But this is a 10% increase in federal income tax being withheld.

Quoting Anonymous:

Crazy-Steph
by Ruby Member on Jan. 12, 2013 at 10:57 AM

Then he needs to turn in a new W4.  Unless you guys make over $200K/year, your federal income tax should not have gone up.

Quoting Anonymous:

That's why I wasn't anticipating loosing this much. If any really, because he also got a 2% cost of living raise, which should have kept his take home pay the same. But this is a 10% increase in federal income tax being withheld.

Quoting Anonymous:

wymama610
by Gold Member on Jan. 12, 2013 at 11:04 AM
1 mom liked this
I am just LMAO at all the people who keep saying this. The middle class is getting ass raped and some are apparently too daft to see it. Yes, SS went back up to 6.2%. Federal income taxes also went up for a ton of people. NOT just those making $250k or more. All you sheeple that believed the spew out of Obama's mouth are in for a rude awakening.

Quoting Crazy-Steph:

Then he needs to turn in a new W4.  Unless you guys make over $200K/year, your federal income tax should not have gone up.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Crazy-Steph
by Ruby Member on Jan. 12, 2013 at 11:06 AM
1 mom liked this

Hmm...funny.  I work with payroll on a daily basis.  For multiple companies.  I have not seen some "huge" federal increase on any payroll check for 2013.

What is your expertise on the subject?  Just straight Obama hate?  LOL

Quoting wymama610:

I am just LMAO at all the people who keep saying this. The middle class is getting ass raped and some are apparently too daft to see it. Yes, SS went back up to 6.2%. Federal income taxes also went up for a ton of people. NOT just those making $250k or more. All you sheeple that believed the spew out of Obama's mouth are in for a rude awakening.

Quoting Crazy-Steph:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)