Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I'm a nanny, ask me anything

Posted by   + Show Post
I'm bored so I figured I'd do an ask me anything post
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 11, 2013 at 10:54 PM
Replies (41-47):
opal10161973
by on Jan. 12, 2013 at 2:54 AM

Actually, sometimes it's cut down to 30 minutes or less, it just depends on the day.  Like sometimes, dinner takes 30 minutes and sometimes, it takes more or less.  I just put the extra time in for flexibility.  Is that OK?  That way the provider can take some extra time for fun stuff, if they want to or if they want to add something different, they can add to it. 

This way, if homework goes over or something unexpected happens, there is some time to adjust to the day.  As much as I like schedules, I find the time for fun stuff to add in when I can, so I like to do the same for my children's caregivers.  Some fleixbility is good for the unexpected, IMO.

Quoting Roxygurl:

No I think that's smart actually. I have a schedule I keep because it makes life so much easier.

I would say though that giving yourself an hour for a 15 min activity is too much extra time and I'd actually cut it down to 30 min.

Quoting opal10161973:

Do you think that a plan with a specified time for doing things, even with time built into it, is too much?  I wrote up a plan and it seemed good to me, but I wondered if it was too much to ask.  I left sometimes an hour slot for a 15 minute thing.  I wondered if I was expecting too much. 

Roxygurl
by Emerald Member on Jan. 12, 2013 at 2:58 AM
1 mom liked this
As long as your flexible I think it sounds good.

Quoting opal10161973:

Actually, sometimes it's cut down to 30 minutes or less, it just depends on the day.  Like sometimes, dinner takes 30 minutes and sometimes, it takes more or less.  I just put the extra time in for flexibility.  Is that OK?  That way the provider can take some extra time for fun stuff, if they want to or if they want to add something different, they can add to it. 

This way, if homework goes over or something unexpected happens, there is some time to adjust to the day.  As much as I like schedules, I find the time for fun stuff to add in when I can, so I like to do the same for my children's caregivers.  Some fleixbility is good for the unexpected, IMO.

Quoting Roxygurl:

No I think that's smart actually. I have a schedule I keep because it makes life so much easier.

I would say though that giving yourself an hour for a 15 min activity is too much extra time and I'd actually cut it down to 30 min.

Quoting opal10161973:

Do you think that a plan with a specified time for doing things, even with time built into it, is too much?  I wrote up a plan and it seemed good to me, but I wondered if it was too much to ask.  I left sometimes an hour slot for a 15 minute thing.  I wondered if I was expecting too much. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mcelly
by on Jan. 12, 2013 at 3:02 AM

Do you look though people's stuff? Not steal it, but do you look like in their nightstand, medicine cabinet.

TTC2Long
by Silver Member on Jan. 12, 2013 at 3:02 AM
You paid 29% in taxes??? You need a new tax guy.

Quoting Roxygurl:

I make 52,000 a year not including extras like when she gives me gas money.

I do claim it but as self employed which means I pay an assload in taxes, last year it was over 15,000 I had to pay because I went that route.

Quoting Anonymous:

How much do you get paid?

Does your employer have taxes and such taken out of your check or are you supposed to handle reporting your income and paying taxes on your own? (and if so, do you claim the income?!)

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Roxygurl
by Emerald Member on Jan. 12, 2013 at 3:10 AM
Well I've gotten into the medicine cabinet a few times when I needed Tylenol and once when I was looking for tums but not to snoop.

I'm afraid to snoop in the nightstand. I know what I keep in mine and I don't want to find toys in hers!

But no not really.

Quoting Mcelly:

Do you look though people's stuff? Not steal it, but do you look like in their nightstand, medicine cabinet.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Roxygurl
by Emerald Member on Jan. 12, 2013 at 3:12 AM
It had something to do with penalties because I wasnt paying quarterly. I don't know I was pissed as fuck over it and the same thing will probably happen this year. I don't pay any taxes throughout the year I pay them one lump payment when I file.

Quoting TTC2Long:

You paid 29% in taxes??? You need a new tax guy.

Quoting Roxygurl:

I make 52,000 a year not including extras like when she gives me gas money.

I do claim it but as self employed which means I pay an assload in taxes, last year it was over 15,000 I had to pay because I went that route.

Quoting Anonymous:

How much do you get paid?

Does your employer have taxes and such taken out of your check or are you supposed to handle reporting your income and paying taxes on your own? (and if so, do you claim the income?!)

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
skittlefart
by Taste the Rainbow on Jan. 12, 2013 at 10:38 AM

._. come clean for me...I dont wanna anymore..

Quoting Roxygurl:

I make 52,000 a year and I'm in Texas.

Quoting skittlefart:

how much you charge? Where are you located? 

100_2740_zps5829069a-1_zpsb5588e7c
Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
Daisypath Wedding tickers
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)