Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

How much does it actually cost YOU to pay for the foodstamp program?

Posted by on Jan. 11, 2013 at 10:58 PM
  • 191 Replies
6 moms liked this

Well, that number may vary, but for a person making 50k a year, they would pay just 10 cents a day. Which equals $36.82 per year. And that includes monies for WIC, and the school lunch program. Here is abreakdown of what I just said and where the rest of your tax dollars go.

http://www.examiner.com/article/a-person-making-50-000-a-year-pays-10-cents-a-day-taxes-for-food-stamps

by on Jan. 11, 2013 at 10:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jan. 11, 2013 at 10:59 PM
6 moms liked this

Fine. I still don't want to pay $36.82 a year for other people. I could use that for my own family.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 11, 2013 at 10:59 PM
6 moms liked this

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 11, 2013 at 11:00 PM
More than $36 something. Do you have a link?
k_hall1784
by Silver Member on Jan. 11, 2013 at 11:01 PM
5 moms liked this

So you'd rather not have any of your tax dollars go toward feeding the hungry. Am I correct?

Quoting Anonymous:

Fine. I still don't want to pay $36.82 a year for other people. I could use that for my own family.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jan. 11, 2013 at 11:02 PM
5 moms liked this

Correct. I'd like to keep the money I earned.

Quoting k_hall1784:

So you'd rather not have any of you tax dollars go toward feeding the hungry. Amd I correct?

Quoting Anonymous:

k_hall1784
by Silver Member on Jan. 11, 2013 at 11:02 PM

Yet you felt the need to come in here and state that. Original.

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jan. 11, 2013 at 11:03 PM

What is your point?  You shouldn't feel bad or have to justify it.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Jan. 11, 2013 at 11:03 PM
11 moms liked this

I don't feel like looking it up, but because I make significantly higher than $50,000 a year, I would pay significantly more. It's not really that big of a deal to me. I know even without the programs in place, they would still find a way to take those taxes, it would just be for something else. Let people feed their families, I'm not going to stress about it.

k_hall1784
by Silver Member on Jan. 11, 2013 at 11:04 PM

Understood. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Correct. I'd like to keep the money I earned.

Quoting k_hall1784:

So you'd rather not have any of you tax dollars go toward feeding the hungry. Amd I correct?

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Jan. 11, 2013 at 11:04 PM
5 moms liked this

Almost no one would have a problem with it if that's what it was used for more often than not.  When people have a problem with it, it's because it's not controlled and is HIGHLY abused.... god.  Don't try to spin it into something it's not.  

Quoting k_hall1784:

So you'd rather not have any of your tax dollars go toward feeding the hungry. Am I correct?

Quoting Anonymous:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)