Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

If you work in the medical field you should be ...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 46 Replies

height , weight standards.

How can you tell someone they need to watch their weight when you are obese? I don't get it!

I had a nurse ask me if I wanted to take a class to lose weight because I was 2 lbs over my max! He was obese! Really?

What do you think?

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 11, 2013 at 11:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 12, 2013 at 12:10 AM
4 moms liked this

have a good night

Ninjascreenname
by Gold Member on Jan. 12, 2013 at 12:11 AM
I mind of agree....

🙀
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
wkukid
by Ocean Wave on Jan. 12, 2013 at 12:12 AM

Just because they know the right answers doesn't mean they practice it. I have a degree in exercise science, I don't always exercise daily. 

428pm
by on Jan. 12, 2013 at 12:12 AM

no.

calvinsmommy18
by Gold Member on Jan. 12, 2013 at 12:12 AM
idk. I've had really fit drs and really unhealthy drs. I wouldn't take weight advice from a fat dr but other advice sure.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Bri060492
by Ruby Member on Jan. 12, 2013 at 12:13 AM

I know right. I'm 4'11 and I'm at 155 right now. My nurse who is 3 itches taller and definitely in the 200 pounds told me I need to loose weight.

bustybee
by Buzz Lightyear on Jan. 12, 2013 at 12:13 AM

it is kind of a contradiction... I don'tt mind it if they say it along the lines 'don't end up like me' if they are obese

KeimUNCmomof3
by Gold Member on Jan. 12, 2013 at 12:14 AM
1 mom liked this

There are nurses and doctors who drink and smoke -- I find that to be contradicting. 

I don't think there should be a height requirement, that's just silly, you can't help how tall you grow and as for weight, people who are in the medical field should just TRY to be physically fit, not skinny and not athletic, just healthy for their age and height.  It is good representation if you are being treated by people who like to take good care of themselves.  

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 12, 2013 at 12:14 AM

I think people should do whatever they want to do for a living.  If I have a nurse caring for me, I want to know that he/she knows what they're doing as far as my care.  I couldn't care less what their weight is as long as they're doing a good job.  Having said that, if I was a nurse and someone came in just 2 pounds over, I would never suggest a freaking class to them.  That seems a bit overboard to me.

NBean311
by Chivette on Jan. 12, 2013 at 12:14 AM

This reminds me of a man I knew. He was a surgeon, doing mostly respiratory work, and he smoked. Day in and day out, he removed tumors from the lungs of smokers, and he still had a pack a day habit. I understand the addiction and everything... It just kind of blows my mind. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)