Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Saw some horrible parenting at McDonald's today......

Posted by on Jan. 11, 2013 at 11:13 PM
  • 68 Replies

DH and I took our 4 year old DD to McDonald's today. We ate in the playland area so she could play there. We were there about 5 mins when the lady across from us gets up and yells ( her dd is in the play structure at a window so u could see her in there)  come on (whatever her dd name was) its time to go! The girl yells back no! And just sits there. I would guess her dd wAs 21/2 to 3 years old the woman s reams several more times and her dd screams back several more times..... The woman says ok fine I am leaving! Dd doesn't respond. The woman proceeds to leave the play are (fine whatever, if that's your way of parenting, I understand). So I tell my DH to watch where she goes......the woman walks out of McDonald's!! Leaves!! the llittle girl comes out of the play structure runs to the window (looking in to the rest of McDonald's)  doesn't see her mom...instant hysteria! Screaming, tears. Me and another mom go to her and ask if she wants us to help her find her mom, she screams more and hides under a table. She curls up in a ball and just cries! So I tell the other mom, go see if you can find the girls mom ill stay here with the girl. The other mom leaves about 3 mins, can't find her. So we stood there trying to talk to the girl (no luck, she was too upset). A third mom was just about to call the cops when the little girls mom walls back in. She picks up her dd (not nicely) and proceeds to leave, I wanted to tell her off but my dd was right next to me, the other mom tried talking to the mother but she ignored everything and walked out. I was flabbergasted! That poor girl!! 

by on Jan. 11, 2013 at 11:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
KylesWifey
by Gold Member on Jan. 11, 2013 at 11:16 PM

Bump

KrissyKC
by Platinum Member on Jan. 11, 2013 at 11:17 PM
3 moms liked this

oh my!!   I don't scream at my kids...  this is my proceedure... and it works like a charm.

1.   Give kids few minutes warning..

2.   Call them all out, and proceed to clean up and put shoes on and leave.

3.   If one child won't come out, I do leave the play area and say in a nice voice, "Bye sweetheart!"

4.   Usually end up waiting with door open while said child runs out with shoes in hand....

I've never actually left a kid... they always manage to come.

CrimsonRose01
by ~Cassandra~ on Jan. 11, 2013 at 11:17 PM

Wow...that poor little girl. 

KylesWifey
by Gold Member on Jan. 11, 2013 at 11:19 PM

Quoting KrissyKC:

oh my!!   I don't scream at my kids...  this is my proceedure... and it works like a charm.

3.   If one child won't come out, I do leave the play area and say in a nice voice, "Bye sweetheart!"

4.   Usually end up waiting with door open while said child runs out with shoes in hand....

Ya I totally understand leaving the play area room but not the whole restaurant!! I so wanted to slap some sense into that woman!!

jessimicuh
by Gold Member on Jan. 11, 2013 at 11:19 PM
Poor kid.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kaysha
by Ruby Member on Jan. 11, 2013 at 11:19 PM

Poor child has an evil bitch for a mom

shannonnigans
by Bronze Member on Jan. 11, 2013 at 11:20 PM
1 mom liked this
I would imagine hanging out at McDonald's could be a study in bad parenting.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 11, 2013 at 11:20 PM
Wow poor girl!
MicheleJM
by Ruby Member on Jan. 11, 2013 at 11:21 PM
That used to work for ds12. Ds9 is stubborn enough that I swear he'd rather me leave than run out. I used to pick him up, tuck him under my arm and walk out.

That mom took the game way too far. Perhaps she wanted to teach a lesson but damn.

Quoting KrissyKC:

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
AubreeGrace17
by Platinum Member on Jan. 11, 2013 at 11:22 PM
1 mom liked this

I understand threatening to leave, but actually doing it? That's got to be traumatizing.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)