Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

when parents use behavioral meds for their kids?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

what do you think about parents putting their grade school kids on behavioral medication. i personally think that too many times kids are being put on medication that aren't needed; and too many kids are being diagnosed with things they don't necessarily have. MIND YOU I DO THINK SOME KIDS NEED THEM AND HAVE LAGITAMET PROBLEMS! JUST NOT AS MANY AS PEOPLE THINK.

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 11, 2013 at 11:28 PM
Replies (11-20):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 11, 2013 at 11:32 PM
Thank you!! Oye, some of these women!

Quoting Anonymous:

I'm sorry I can't take this post seriously. Its LEGITIMATE.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 11, 2013 at 11:33 PM
1 mom liked this

Don't judge parents when your not living their life and have no clue!

Brandyns87
by Gold Member on Jan. 11, 2013 at 11:33 PM

I don't think people should give their kids drugs to make them pay attention, or sit still.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 11, 2013 at 11:34 PM
Lol I think it's funny ;)

Quoting Anonymous:

Thank you!! Oye, some of these women!

Quoting Anonymous:

I'm sorry I can't take this post seriously. Its LEGITIMATE.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 11, 2013 at 11:34 PM

I think first I have a headache trying to read that. And second, I am not here to judge what someone else goes through. Sure, Things are grossly overdiagnosed. And sadly, that puts a negative look on those who truly have problems and need the helpl. Spend a day in my house....you will see how my 10 year old is and how much he wishes he were a "normal kid" as he says.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 11, 2013 at 11:35 PM

hmmm well the kid i have that needs meds is schizoaffective with odd , but hey i'll unmedicate him and send him to ya. ( hope you don't like dry wall because he has fits and puts holes in walls) 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 11, 2013 at 11:36 PM
Nice job sounding out LEGITIMATE
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 11, 2013 at 11:36 PM

today DS wasnt on meds...the school is starting his IQ testing..when i picked him up this afternoon the teacher told me "good luck for tonight" in a joking manner of course because i knew it was going to be hell lol...when he isnt on his meds..he is a pain in the butt cant focus and can be very  hard to deal with but when he is on his meds he can focus and has no problem when it comes to following tasks.

bullemhead
by Platinum Member on Jan. 11, 2013 at 11:37 PM

going crazythrowing upeye rollingbad 

kymom23
by Platinum Member on Jan. 11, 2013 at 11:50 PM

My youngest son is 9 years old. I have had to make him an appointment with his pedi because he can be a very angry child. He doesn't listen, screams his head off, will throw things, says he wishes he was dead, wishes he could run away, wishes he had different parents. On the flip side, when he has a good day, he's loving, affectionate, and helpful. Never gives me any trouble. He has trouble in school. His teachers say he's a good kid, but won't do anything. No punishments work. Even here at home. Now, are you going to tell me that's normal 9 year old behavior? I don't think so. I'm going to have him evaluated and if medication is in his future, we will definitely take it into consideration and give it to him if we feel it would be benefical to him.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)