Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Its almost 10 and the doorbell rings

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 34 Replies

so I answer the door and a girl maybe 14-16 yrs old with a 4 or 5 yr old little boy. 

This is what he said "We are selling candy and want to know if you would buy some because my daddy is out of work (and in a praying hands motion and a sad face)  Pleeeaaaasssseeee?"

I am saddened by this. Who sends their children out in the cold and dark to beg people to buy candy and where did the candy come from if they are out of work and broke? 

I bought one of their kitkats for a buck but I didnt eat it, only because things can happen out of the innocence of children doing their parents bidding.

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 11, 2013 at 11:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 11, 2013 at 11:59 PM

.Funfetti.
by on Jan. 11, 2013 at 11:59 PM
1 mom liked this

Not sure if I believe this. 

sexychica25
by Silver Member on Jan. 12, 2013 at 12:00 AM
1 mom liked this
Child or not, this late they would've stayed on the porch unanswered and very much ignored.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Jan. 12, 2013 at 12:00 AM

That is really sad.............

I would have asked them where their parents are......

And then proceed to buy the box of candy.....It was probably so they could get someting to eat

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 12, 2013 at 12:00 AM

Believe it...my daughter said she knows the girl fromt he bus stop but not personally.

Quoting .Funfetti.:

Not sure if I believe this. 

acrylicmom
by on Jan. 12, 2013 at 12:01 AM

wow.  i would have asked questions.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 12, 2013 at 12:02 AM

I almost told them to go home and out of the cold but the little boy looked so sad...my neighbor just came over and said she called the police and reported them...now I feel extra bad.

428pm
by on Jan. 12, 2013 at 12:03 AM

that phelps dude did that with his kids before he started that awful church I remember readig a book about it

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 12, 2013 at 12:03 AM
1 mom liked this
Yup. I probably would have given them some string cheese and cliff bars lol I always have those snacks on hand.

Quoting Sassy762:

That is really sad.............

I would have asked them where their parents are......

And then proceed to buy the box of candy.....It was probably so they could get someting to eat

MommyLove23
by Silver Member on Jan. 12, 2013 at 12:03 AM

That's really sad,but maybe,just maybe  they were trying to make you feel bad and buy one of their candy bars?I'm with you where did the candy come from if dad has no job?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)