Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Abusive Relationship?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 21 Replies

Hi. I am 30 have been married for 13 years. I have three kids with my husband. 

I just dont even  know where to start. My husband ignores me... like i can say something and he wont even respond.. then i can ask what the deal is and hell say he doesnt listen when idiot is talking. He constantly puts me down, calls me names and treats me like im a child. He loses his temper and punches things.. He blames everything wrong on me some how, he has only laid his hands on me 2x in the 13 years and they were both longer than 3 years ago. Our mosr recent episode was we were in the car and I told him i was depressed, he said well why dont you just jump out of the car then. and when i raised my voice about him being psycho he started punching the dash of my car and my windshield and broke both and my radio. 

then we went weeks, maybe months of him being on and off nice off meaning the kids and i walk on egg shells not sure when hes going to explode. 

he made these promises if we moved back to his home town so he could start his business that hed be away from the stress of work. so i moved.. here i am in a town where i know no one and no job.....

my uncle is here visiting... he is the first outsider that has seen this first hand and is trying to convince me to leave... WTH am i supposed to do? he doesnt leave physical marks, and i have no money to just find a place. I called the domestic shelter and they are for physically abused women only.

I just need some advice.. I am like 900 miles from home.. maybe im over reacting?

is this abuse or is this normalish.... i know im not perfect but dammnit i dont deserve to be treated like im scum.

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 12, 2013 at 12:16 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 12, 2013 at 12:19 AM

No that is not normal, I would make plans to leave somehow.  It may take time to make a plan, but it only takes time for it to keep escalating into more violence.  You should not have to walk on egg shells in your own house. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 12, 2013 at 12:21 AM

Sounds like my exhusband. He even took a sledge hammer to the car once, crazy bastard. I left him. You should too.

MommyLove23
by Silver Member on Jan. 12, 2013 at 12:22 AM

That is far from normal!Is there anyway that your family would help you get home?How about going back with your uncle?That is a terrible way to live..You deserve better and so do your kids..

KeimUNCmomof3
by Gold Member on Jan. 12, 2013 at 12:22 AM

No, not normal at all.

KeriAZ
by on Jan. 12, 2013 at 12:23 AM
Get out. Is ur uncle still there? If so leave with him and go back to ur home state.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
areyouatroll
by on Jan. 12, 2013 at 12:24 AM
Abuse! I didn't even have to read everything he does to tell you that...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 12, 2013 at 12:24 AM

No my uncle cant take me back with him.. he lives with his daughter and her family.. my mom is married to an alcoholic and is a hoarder and I know my husband would call child services in a second if I lived there.. and thats it, all the family I have.

Nicoleb9
by Emerald Member on Jan. 12, 2013 at 12:25 AM
1 mom liked this
I would secretly record his temper tantrums with my cell phone and send them to everyone he knows.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Jan. 12, 2013 at 12:25 AM

YOU are still in an Abusive Relationship. I don't care how long ago he actually put his hands on you. When he isn't physically abusing you he is verbally and emotionally abusing you and the children.

Can you empty the bank account/accounts and have your Uncle help you move back home??

428pm
by on Jan. 12, 2013 at 12:28 AM

textbook abuse.  It will get progressively worse.  

Or he may be the kind who stays barely simmering until one day he kills you.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)