Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I am upset with my doctors office...

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Just needed to get this out you don't have to read this because It will probably be long.  My 18 year old daughter was sick back in july throwing up and such.  The doctor ran a bunch of tests and then put her on some vitamin's saying her cells were large.  She kept on being sick and it took me until November to convince her to go back.  The doctor came in and said congratulations your pregnant.  Mind you she was only 89 pounds  and  22 weeks pregnant.  When they took her blood pressure it was really high and I asked them if that was normal.  They said it was probably just anxiety..mind you her pressure has always been lower than the average.   They did an ultrasound right then and everything seemed fine.  Two weeks later I come home from shopping to find her in the bathroom on the floor blood all over the toilette seat.  I called an ambulance and she delivered the baby dead on the way there.  The nurse said she had preeclampsia which I lateer found out was caused by high blood pressure which she had at the last visit.  She said normally when a pregnant woman has high blood pressure on the visit they have them come in within the next 24 hours to recheck it.  I know she was in no way ready for a baby but I can't help feeling they were neglectful in spotting it especially when I brought it to their attention.  She would of had to been on bed rest so I know that also would of been hard for her.  I go to the same doctors office as her and so at my last visit My blood pressure shot up ( and I mean stroke level) because I was still upset about what happened.  My doctor increased my medication but in my heart I know it was only because I was upset with them yet I couldn't tell him this.  I thought maybe telling this story would help because I am so heartbroken for her. So thank you for listening.

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 12, 2013 at 12:55 AM
Replies (11-20):
littlelamb303
by Ruby Member on Jan. 12, 2013 at 1:05 AM

also, I agree you most likely have a law suit here.  It is a shame the baby had to die because of something that should have been taken care of.  My high blood pressure was watched closely during my entire pregnancy and not just ignored like your dd's was.

mom2hadley
by Heather on Jan. 12, 2013 at 1:06 AM
I am so sorry :(
kaysha
by Ruby Member on Jan. 12, 2013 at 1:06 AM

I am sorry!

morrigan914
by Platinum Member on Jan. 12, 2013 at 1:07 AM
I am sorry for your and your daughters loss, file a complaint against the doctor and look into a negligence lawsuit. Give your daughter a {hug} for me.

AllofFive19
by Ruby Member on Jan. 12, 2013 at 1:11 AM

I'd file a report against the doctor, or rather have her do it as she's an adult. 

PTmomma3
by on Jan. 12, 2013 at 1:12 AM
As someone who works in the medical field and believes way too many people are way too sue happy, I just have one thing to say to you:
Speak to an attorney.

The level of ignorance and negligence on this doctor's part needs to be addressed yesterday.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
weirdkids
by Gold Member on Jan. 12, 2013 at 1:14 AM

i would sue the living shit out of them for malpractice and wrongful death

momof2891
by on Jan. 12, 2013 at 1:16 AM
I would contact a lawyer. Sounds like negligence on the doctors office. She should have been rechecked and monitored closely. I'm sorry for your loss.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
tossed
by Ruby Member on Jan. 12, 2013 at 1:16 AM

Quoting littlelamb303:

Sorry for this terrible loss.  I don't understand why they did not diagnose the pregnancy earlier.  Also, high blood pressure in pregnant women is dangerous and she should have been tested immediately for preelampsia.  When I had high pressure, they tested me immediately.  This would have prevented this tragedy from happening as they would have admitted her to the hospital and treated her. The doctor's were clearly negligient and I am sorry about that.

The timing may have been off so that a very early pregnancy would not have been detected and mom could not get her to go back. She first went in July and did not go back until Nov. Why didn't mom or daughter run a preg test at home?. On the hbp...I am not sure if this was an ob/gyn or family dr. It is a horrible situation, but since the dr said it was probably anxiety and they ran other tests that did not indicate pre eclampsia, it is hard to prove fault. I had pregnancy induced hypertension and it took several tests over time to end up with a toxemia diagnosis. My ob would have had me back in...that is why I am wondering what type of dr this is. There is no question that this was a horrible and tragic situation, but I am not sure all of the fault can be placed at the hands of the dr. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jan. 12, 2013 at 1:19 AM
I'd get a lawyer tbh. Sounds like age discrimination.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN