Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

What is your neighborhood? ***POLL*** Added options by request

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 29 Replies

Poll

Question: What type of neighborhood do you live in?

Options:

The Projects

Lower Class

Middle Class

Upper Middle Class

Upper Class

Rich

Ghetto in Upper Class

Ghetto in Middle Class

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 86

View Results

What type of neighborhood do you live in?

Vote and then post your answer - Do you live below,at, or above your means?

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 12, 2013 at 1:30 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
bowribbonmama
by Ruby Member on Jan. 12, 2013 at 1:31 AM
Middle.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
nikki111125
by on Jan. 12, 2013 at 1:33 AM

mine is upper middle class but honestly the house isnt wirth it. the neighborhood is tho

kamrynlily07
by Gold Member on Jan. 12, 2013 at 1:37 AM
Middle to upper middle I guess...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
friendlymom5
by Silver Member on Jan. 12, 2013 at 1:48 AM
I live in income based apts but the neighborhood is middle class.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
ms-superwoman
by on Jan. 12, 2013 at 1:54 AM

My neighborhood is basically the whole town. So all the people love together, rich to poor. LOL But I believe the average person is middle class.

WesternNYmom
by Gold Member on Jan. 12, 2013 at 1:55 AM

Middle.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 12, 2013 at 1:56 AM
I live in a neighborhood that would have been considered upper class but after the real estate market tanked most of the original owners lost their homes. These McMansions were scooped up by investors and now most of the homes are rented out to upper middle class families that are new to the area. So you have an odd mix of families that paid 1.5 million for the same homes that investors scooped up for 400k a few years later and rent out to new people each year.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 12, 2013 at 1:58 AM

i need another option lol our town is a very upper class town.... our neighborhood is the ghetto of the upper class town if that makes any sense lol

tharealty2
by on Jan. 12, 2013 at 1:59 AM

I live at my means.  We live in a middle class area on a lower class budget, lol.  I guess I should mention we rent bc i know that makes a big difference to many.  I love our area and i love the price but i wish we could get our own house with a big yard.  We live in a duplex and I really don't like my neighbors, and they really don't like us - well, I should say the wife , not them.  Anyways,. we have lived in 'the projects', they weren't bad either, in fact we had alot more room, but i hated living there for various reasons.  Our main problem is just saving money,. budgeting, and $ discipline in general.  ugh.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jan. 12, 2013 at 2:06 AM

i live in the goddamn ghetto.  thank goodness we're getting out of here soon.  we haven't had any troubles despite being the odd man out, except my son's bike got stolen from school.  he had just gotten it for his birthday and had ridden it to school 4 days.  he's gotten some crap from some older kids on the way to school, but nothing serious.  we rented here only because i was going to homeschool and the rent was cheaper than what we had been paying. we wanted to save for a house.  homeschool didn't work for us.

we live at our means.  we have a little left over but not much.  once we buy, our housing payment will go down.  at the very least, it will stay the same.  even if it's more, it will be worth it to get out of here.  i'm in a tourist area. it's MUCH cheaper to buy than rent.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)