Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Can someone be unintentionally anorexic?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 22 Replies

I'm too poor to afford food for myself.  Anything I do have goes to my kids to ensure they eat healthy.  Yes I get fs each month, but its not nearly enough.  I normally will get an apple or maybe a few bites of something here and there.  Its been about a year.  I no longer have hunger pains.  Can someone develop anorexia not because of a body image but because of being too poor to afford food? 

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 12, 2013 at 1:33 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
twyliatepeka
by Silver Member on Jan. 12, 2013 at 1:35 AM
1 mom liked this
That isn't anorexia that is just starving sweetie.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 12, 2013 at 1:35 AM

abcedfghijklm no

mistie900
by Gold Member on Jan. 12, 2013 at 1:35 AM

I don't think it would be considered anorexia. More like starvation. That's sad.

bustybee
by Buzz Lightyear on Jan. 12, 2013 at 1:37 AM

I'm leaning towards starvation. anorexia is a mental thing... starvation isn't

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 12, 2013 at 1:38 AM
I do that too.
but I also dont eat due to using the time to get stuff done. and cause I dont like it so I dont eat cause I dont want what is fixed.
NBean311
by Chivette on Jan. 12, 2013 at 1:39 AM

I wouldn't call it anorexia, but your body becomes less hungry and less accepting of food over time. Can you apply for FS or find a local food pantry and get a small stockpile so that both of you could eat? You need strength and energy, and your health will suffer without sufficient nutrition. I hope it gets better for you. 

nicmain
by Silver Member on Jan. 12, 2013 at 1:39 AM
I think malnurished is a better term. Your choice to restrict food is out of sacrifice for your kids. However, it could always turn into something else on a mental/emotional/habitual sort of way. If given the opportunity of extra food, do you still restrict? (like if you are given a meal at a gathering or event).
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mommytorn
by on Jan. 12, 2013 at 1:41 AM
Anorexia is a medical term meaning without food..anorexia nervosa is the disease and it is mostly a mental thing but yeah it sounds like you are starving your body
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
etsmom
by Ruby Member on Jan. 12, 2013 at 1:42 AM

That isn't call anorexia, that's called malnourishment and starvation. Have you tried food banks or churches?  You have to keep you healthy or you are no good to your kids if you get too sick.

SLMitchell
by on Jan. 12, 2013 at 1:42 AM

No, you are simply undernourished.

Anorexia nervosa is a mental condition.  The physical issues are side effects of the mental condition.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN