Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Live in a Big house and work full time....

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 222 Replies
1 mom liked this

Or live in a small house and be a SAHM....

I keep going back and forth between the two.  My husband makes just over 100k.  I'm an RN but have been a SAHM since my 1st child was born 4 years ago.  I have a 2 year old as well and love being with my kids, but we are stuck in a 1600sqf Townhome with no yard.  I'm going a little crazy but we can't move unless I help out.  We just can't afford to move on his salary alone.  Would you go back to work to live in a bigger house, or stay in a small place and be home with your kids?

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 12, 2013 at 1:39 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
wifeofvet
by Silver Member on Jan. 12, 2013 at 1:43 AM
2 moms liked this
I was in the same situation you are when my second child was born. We chose to keep our small home so I could be a sahm. I don't regret it one bit. I got to do everything with my kids and I love it. My dh and I have our own business now, so I do work a few of hours of week, but my kids are older now. It's not for everyone, but it worked well for me and my kids.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 12, 2013 at 1:44 AM
30 moms liked this
Where are you that 100k/year isn't enough to have a nice place to live?
marinenonstop
by on Jan. 12, 2013 at 1:45 AM
Idk... i love spending time with my kids..but i love working also. I say if you are living in your means and your children have enough space and are taken care of why need a bigger home? As long as they have room theres no need.
FL2AK
by on Jan. 12, 2013 at 1:46 AM
5 moms liked this
I would stay where you are until the kids are in school. Then go back to work and move.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 12, 2013 at 1:46 AM
I think, personally, I would choose to be a stahm. But that's just me. Maybe you can give it a year or so to think about it. Or look up some houses and see how bad you really want to move. Like window shop.
areyouatroll
by on Jan. 12, 2013 at 1:47 AM
I don't understand
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ms-superwoman
by on Jan. 12, 2013 at 1:47 AM
Maybe try a middle sized house and work part time.
LucyHarper
by on Jan. 12, 2013 at 1:48 AM

I would want to be in a small house with a part time. That's what I do now and love it. I wouldn't like putting all of the financial stuff on my husband, so I would want some kind of income bringing job, but I don't want a big house. Our current house is about 1,500 sq ft, nice yard, we have 5, soon to be 6, kids, our two sons, my three siblings (I'm their guardian), and I'm pregnant, we make under 40K combined and are happy with our lifestyle.

ColieO
by Ruby Member on Jan. 12, 2013 at 1:49 AM
4 moms liked this
I'd rather kill myself then be a sahm so...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jan. 12, 2013 at 1:49 AM
7 moms liked this
1600 sq feet is small? 100k isn't enough to support a family of 4?
wow I'm in trouble then. we make less than half of that, our home is 960 sq feet, and we are also a family of 4. I'm a sahm and we are happy. I live in ca at that.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)