Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My besties 11 yr old daughter is super annoying

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 22 Replies
I feel bad saying this but omg. The few times I get to go visit my friend, her nosey ass daughter is all up our ass in our convo and throwing in her 2cents every 5 minutes!! She is a child!
I mean Seriously!? Were talking grown up stuff and she just let's her sit there hearing inappropriate conversation. I've tried to politely say that maybe she should go in another room, but it never works. For those of you with daughters, is that just the norm or what?....
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 12, 2013 at 2:04 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
bluedolly01
by on Jan. 12, 2013 at 2:06 AM
1 mom liked this
Nope definitely NOT the norm in my house. My 13 year old is not allowed to involve herself in adult conversations.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 12, 2013 at 2:06 AM
I don't care what my daughter (also 11 yrs old) hears from my adult conversations. She is mature enough to handle it... and most likely hears worse at school anyway.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 12, 2013 at 2:09 AM

It wasn't when I was a child. It wasn't when my children were children. But it appears to be the norm from what I've seen. My SD (age 8) is allowed to not only listen in on private conversations, she is encouraged to interupt them, 'correct' the adults speaking, and offer advice. It is considered 'cute'. She has been known to hang around the bedroom door and eavesdrop when I am conducting adult conversations over the phone. She is not ever punished for this behavior. And when I tell her to leave the room so I can have a private conversation, she sulks and cries and demands to know why she's not allowed to be there. My nephews are being raised the exact same way. I don't know what has gotten into their parents. Their parents actually believe that when their children are around, every adult in the room must address every word to the child and not ask for privacy.

TranquilMind
by Ruby Member on Jan. 12, 2013 at 2:11 AM

No, it is not the norm.  Have you got any kids she can play with?  Otherwise, maybe you can meet her at a coffee shop sometime when the daughter is busy?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jan. 12, 2013 at 2:11 AM
Seriously?

Quoting Anonymous:

I don't care what my daughter (also 11 yrs old) hears from my adult conversations. She is mature enough to handle it... and most likely hears worse at school anyway.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Jan. 12, 2013 at 2:14 AM
Sounds like my sil and her kids
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Jan. 12, 2013 at 2:15 AM

what the fuck is wrong w/ those parents. lol   That shit woudnt fly w/ me.     It is not cute when a kid corrects an adult, it is rude as hell. 

Quoting Anonymous:

It wasn't when I was a child. It wasn't when my children were children. But it appears to be the norm from what I've seen. My SD (age 8) is allowed to not only listen in on private conversations, she is encouraged to interupt them, 'correct' the adults speaking, and offer advice. It is considered 'cute'. She has been known to hang around the bedroom door and eavesdrop when I am conducting adult conversations over the phone. She is not ever punished for this behavior. And when I tell her to leave the room so I can have a private conversation, she sulks and cries and demands to know why she's not allowed to be there. My nephews are being raised the exact same way. I don't know what has gotten into their parents. Their parents actually believe that when their children are around, every adult in the room must address every word to the child and not ask for privacy.

TAG_ur_it
by Platinum Member on Jan. 12, 2013 at 2:18 AM

my kids do not interrupt adult converstaions without being corrected unless it's an emergency. they certainly don't join in.  and anyone i'm talking to that has kids that do that, (if i'm related) i will stop and correct the child.  if i'm not related, i'll stop talking until the other person deals with their kid.  i don't put up with it from mine and i'm not going to tolerate it from others either.

bustybee
by Buzz Lightyear on Jan. 12, 2013 at 2:18 AM

I would let my kids listen... as long as the conversation was general... definately adult and it would be 'go play'

I also don't let my kids correct or interupt when the adults are talking.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Jan. 12, 2013 at 2:19 AM

I know a freaking five your old like that.  She is the most whiny kid I know too.  I told her once that she needed to stop her whiny & tell me what she wanted.  I was pissed annoyed & 8 months pregnant. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN