Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Do you judge big families?

Posted by on Jan. 12, 2013 at 2:07 AM
  • 38 Replies

Assuming that it's a loving family and the couple can afford all their children, do you judge them for any other reasons? Do you feel that the kids from that family will suffer from having to divide parental attention, resources and such or do you think that more kids equals more love in the family? Do you feel the parents are selfish for adding to the already overpopulated world? Any other reasons?

I have 3 and got some raised eyebrows for having a third. I love my family and wouldn't mind a 4th someday. Is that a bad thing? Seems like a lot of people think so.

by on Jan. 12, 2013 at 2:07 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jan. 12, 2013 at 2:09 AM
As long as the government isn't supporting you, more power to you!
eyeheartsin
by Gold Member on Jan. 12, 2013 at 2:09 AM
No, but I have 4..
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Reepicheep.CSL
by on Jan. 12, 2013 at 2:12 AM
1 mom liked this

I have 5 children, having my sixth in April. I come from a large family (5, soon to be 7) and dh comes from a large family (6) so it was just natural for us to want a large family.
Our family is full of love and support and attention. I never went without attention and neither do my children. If they need me, they get me, but they tend to crave independence.
I don't care how many children other people have as long as the children are well taken care of.

BTW, the attention comment is ridiculous, I am a SAHM and technically, even with a large family, give more attention and time to my children than a family with just one child who is in day care all day! 

KeimUNCmomof3
by Gold Member on Jan. 12, 2013 at 2:13 AM
No
spicy_n_sweet
by on Jan. 12, 2013 at 2:13 AM

Nope. I'm too busy focusing on my family, I don't have the time or desire to judge other families.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 12, 2013 at 2:14 AM
Yes, I wonder if they're Mormon.
mrsrodgers0703
by Ruby Member on Jan. 12, 2013 at 2:14 AM
Nope, I'm actually jealous lol. I would love to have a big family one we get more financially stable :)
Mcelly
by on Jan. 12, 2013 at 2:14 AM
I used to when I was young and dumb. Now I have 5 kids, my husband is a doctor so he can provide for us. I want a 6th one, but I'm actually kind of embarrassed because people are so rude about it.
Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Jan. 12, 2013 at 2:14 AM

Good Grief NOOOOOO, lol

I had 7, lol

mattiehatter
by Mary on Jan. 12, 2013 at 2:16 AM

No. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)