Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

so not sure what to do or how to act please help.......

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 23 Replies

so my 15 year old told me he was gay. and i said ok your still my son and i love you. then he showed me a pic of his boyfriend and even thou it was hard i told him cool and asked some questions about him. I'm trying to be supportive of my son.  however when i said i was ok with it he told if i did not let him dress like a girl than i hated him and did not accepthim. i told him i support him in all ways but in our home he was to dress like a young man. i have younger kids and dont want them to be confused. so we just had a 30 min talk about how i dont support him (even thou i do) and dont love him.  SO SHOULD I JUST LET HIM DRESS LIKE A GIRL OR AM I IN THE RIGHT FOR SAYING RESPECT THE HOME AND DRESS LIKE A YOUNG MAN.. WHAT DO I DO HELP PLEASE

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 12, 2013 at 2:13 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 12, 2013 at 2:15 AM

If your son really wants to dress like a girl let him and explain it to the other kids as best you can ,if you don't you can push him away from you .it lease you will have him

kaysha
by Ruby Member on Jan. 12, 2013 at 2:17 AM

Dress like a girl how? dresses and heels?

LCG83
by Platinum Member on Jan. 12, 2013 at 2:18 AM
Maybe see if you can reach a compromise somehow? Like maybe he can dress like a modest girl and not an all out diva. Or SOMETHING so he's comfortable in his own home. He is probably nervous on edge, but he does not get a free pass to do whatever he wants either.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
LCG83
by Platinum Member on Jan. 12, 2013 at 2:18 AM
And major kudos to you for being an awesome supportive mom.
Crashly
by Ashley on Jan. 12, 2013 at 2:21 AM
1 mom liked this
Maybe ask him to ease into it by choosing more feminine unisex clothing. Eventually he will find exactly who he wants to be.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ashleighmama
by Silver Member on Jan. 12, 2013 at 2:21 AM
I too, would have a problem with the dressing like a girl part of it. I have 2 sons, and although its not what I would want for either of them, I would love and support them if one, or both, said they were gay, thats still my baby. But the dressing like a girl is going a tad too far in my opinion. Good luck mama, hugs, and stay strong!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bustybee
by Buzz Lightyear on Jan. 12, 2013 at 2:23 AM
1 mom liked this

the kids have to learn eventually that their brother wants to be their sister. make it clear, if he goes 'girl' he can't just switch back and forth every week, he has to pick a gender and stick with it.

BrittM1988
by on Jan. 12, 2013 at 2:23 AM

Have him dress like a boy at home, but when he leaves allow him to wear his girl clothing, as long as it is okay with school policy.. but just because he is gay doesn't mean he'd wear girl clothing, that's a cross dress, or transvestite? Is that what he is? Or is he just gay?

mrsrodgers0703
by Ruby Member on Jan. 12, 2013 at 2:25 AM
1 mom liked this
Totally agree with this. Maybe start slow like more feminine colors and go from there.

Quoting LCG83:

Maybe see if you can reach a compromise somehow? Like maybe he can dress like a modest girl and not an all out diva. Or SOMETHING so he's comfortable in his own home. He is probably nervous on edge, but he does not get a free pass to do whatever he wants either.

Ollie123
by on Jan. 12, 2013 at 2:26 AM

So is he transsexual? Or does he just want to cross dress. That's what you need to figure out.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)