Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

so not sure what to do or how to act please help.......

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

so my 15 year old told me he was gay. and i said ok your still my son and i love you. then he showed me a pic of his boyfriend and even thou it was hard i told him cool and asked some questions about him. I'm trying to be supportive of my son.  however when i said i was ok with it he told if i did not let him dress like a girl than i hated him and did not accepthim. i told him i support him in all ways but in our home he was to dress like a young man. i have younger kids and dont want them to be confused. so we just had a 30 min talk about how i dont support him (even thou i do) and dont love him.  SO SHOULD I JUST LET HIM DRESS LIKE A GIRL OR AM I IN THE RIGHT FOR SAYING RESPECT THE HOME AND DRESS LIKE A YOUNG MAN.. WHAT DO I DO HELP PLEASE

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 12, 2013 at 2:13 AM
Replies (11-20):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 12, 2013 at 2:27 AM
Maybe he can wear skinny jeans and even black nail polish but all things meant for girls should not in my opinion be tolerated. I understand that he is expressing himself, however you are the parent and have to set an example for your other children. Good luck. :-)
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 12, 2013 at 2:27 AM
I say you stay firm. I wouldn't let my son sleep with his unmarried girl friend in my house because I wouldn't be comfortable with it. I wouldn't let him dress like a girl for the same reason. In my house my morals stand. You can love and support your son without stepping out of your morals too far. There's no reason he has to dress like a girl in your home. He has dressed like a boy this long he can last a few more years then he can do whatever he wants to do in his own home. You can have s good relationship and still be firm in your own beliefs too. I agree there's no reason to confuse the other children at this point.
areyouatroll
by on Jan. 12, 2013 at 2:28 AM
2 moms liked this
Your younger children won't be confused.

"Why is Joe dressing like a girl?"

"He wants to. He likes it."

Problem solved.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
wumbo
by on Jan. 12, 2013 at 2:29 AM

Does he want to be a girl or just dress like one?

Misery_Stitches
by Silver Member on Jan. 12, 2013 at 2:29 AM
I'd let my son dress like a girl if he so pleases.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 12, 2013 at 2:30 AM
1 mom liked this

It never bothered me when my son finally came out. He'd been playing 'make-over' with his sisters for years, pink feather boa and all. So I said, "Yes. You're gay. It's not a huge surprise. Now take out the trash and do your homework. There's a good boy.".

He alternates between the ladies and the men. So he's actually bi.

Aishamusty
by on Jan. 12, 2013 at 2:31 AM

BUMP!

Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Jan. 12, 2013 at 2:34 AM

Let him dress and express himself the way he wants to ...UNLESS he is walking around the house in garter belts and stocking.

He is who he is and so far you are being a great Mom....don't try to stifle him or you may lose him in the long run....kwim

Be honest and tell your younger kids the truth....he wants to dress like that because he likes it....keep it simple

weirdkids
by Gold Member on Jan. 12, 2013 at 2:35 AM

if you are truely going to be supportive of him then support all aspects of that. sit down with him and the younger ones and discuss it. plain and simple. ill put money on it that they will be more understanding of it than you yourself. kids adapt well to that sort of thing. 

miss.muffet
by on Jan. 12, 2013 at 2:39 AM
Let him wear some jeans and a girly top. That won't hurt anyone.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)