Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

so not sure what to do or how to act please help.......

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

so my 15 year old told me he was gay. and i said ok your still my son and i love you. then he showed me a pic of his boyfriend and even thou it was hard i told him cool and asked some questions about him. I'm trying to be supportive of my son.  however when i said i was ok with it he told if i did not let him dress like a girl than i hated him and did not accepthim. i told him i support him in all ways but in our home he was to dress like a young man. i have younger kids and dont want them to be confused. so we just had a 30 min talk about how i dont support him (even thou i do) and dont love him.  SO SHOULD I JUST LET HIM DRESS LIKE A GIRL OR AM I IN THE RIGHT FOR SAYING RESPECT THE HOME AND DRESS LIKE A YOUNG MAN.. WHAT DO I DO HELP PLEASE

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 12, 2013 at 2:13 AM
Replies (21-23):
jessi2girls
by Ruby Member on Jan. 12, 2013 at 2:40 AM

Honestly the dressing like a girl part.. I'd let him do it. It actually could be educational for your younger children so they can learn to be more accepting..and I see nothing wrong with it, if that's who is really is. 

HOWEVER.. honestly if my child said I didn't love them, and instead hated them.... if I said yes or no to something they wanted or didn't want as if they were trying to blackmail me like that.. no no would that go in my house! I'm sorry but we'd be having a LONG LONG talk about that!

Mommie2Kailen
by on Jan. 12, 2013 at 4:37 AM

support him 100% . And that momma would include allowing him to cross-dress as well. Explain to the younger ones the best you can with age appropriate terms, and allow your son to fully express himself. Good luck and you rock as a mom. I have two sons and if one of them comes to me and says they are gay or whatever, I will be 100% supportive.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 12, 2013 at 4:45 AM
I can't believe this is a serious post.
Of fucking course you let him dress how he wants! He's probably having a hard time with it at school and doesn't need to be judged by his mom too!! Explain to your other kids they can do and be anything they want to be when they get older! Having a trans older brother will open their eyes to be loving, excepting individuals. Get real. If you don't, he will hate you and cut you out of his life.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)