Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Grrr I wish he never saw

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 9 Replies
1 mom liked this

Now I have your attention....

My Ds, 14.5 Months is the sie of a 2-3 year old, and just lately it's been getting harder and harder to rock him to sleep and then lift his weight into his cot.

So against my DH's wishes I started a new approach yesterday, I layed him in his cot, patted his belly, told him its sleep time then sat on the floor. He cried a little, tried to get up. I layed him down agai, then he got it and just lay there. He fell asleep in about 10 mins.

Nap time today, I managed to read to him without him getting up or crying.

DH now agree's that its a good thing. My back isn't hurting half as much and he gets a story aswell.

I'm so happy. It seems like such a big step as DH thought he needed to be rocked and kept telling me this is what was needed, but, we have finally crossed the barrier and he is putting himself to sleep :)

Maybe my DS is a little late in this, but we have not had to do CIO as I am against it :)

What age did your lo's do this?

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 12, 2013 at 8:19 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 12, 2013 at 8:22 AM

BUMP

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 12, 2013 at 8:23 AM

good

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 12, 2013 at 8:24 AM

Scrambled eggs, mmmmmm.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 12, 2013 at 8:25 AM

Random... thanks for the BUMP though... lol

Quoting Anonymous:

Scrambled eggs, mmmmmm.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 12, 2013 at 8:28 AM

bump

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 12, 2013 at 8:38 AM

*crickets*

Lyssa0587
by Gold Member on Jan. 12, 2013 at 8:38 AM

I think you did a good job!! We would only rock our kids to sleep for the first few months it didn't seem to be as habit forming, if we would stop early. We did use the CIO method, but they never cried for more then 5 or 10 min. Any longer and we would check on them, let them know we were there, but we wouldn't pick them up. We would be able to put them in their beds at nap time or for bed at night and they knew it was time to go to sleep, no fussing, or anything. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 12, 2013 at 8:39 AM

This is what I was praying for for a while now, the going to bed without needing the rocking. I commend you for using CIO, I'm not strong enough for that and would cave. How old are they now?

Quoting Lyssa0587:

I think you did a good job!! We would only rock our kids to sleep for the first few months it didn't seem to be as habit forming, if we would stop early. We did use the CIO method, but they never cried for more then 5 or 10 min. Any longer and we would check on them, let them know we were there, but we wouldn't pick them up. We would be able to put them in their beds at nap time or for bed at night and they knew it was time to go to sleep, no fussing, or anything. 

Lyssa0587
by Gold Member on Jan. 12, 2013 at 8:45 AM

It was hard for my sister to use the CIO method too, she always caved, but her son would scream for 3 hours at a time. I never had that problem.  My kids are 5,4 and 12 mos. ( My 12 mos old has been a little more difficult, shes spoiled rotten) The CIO method never really worked for her, but we don't have to rock her, we just wait until she's good and tired before putting her to bed. She does good, though.) 

Quoting Anonymous:

This is what I was praying for for a while now, the going to bed without needing the rocking. I commend you for using CIO, I'm not strong enough for that and would cave. How old are they now?

Quoting Lyssa0587:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)