Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I'm gay, and was also molested as a child.....ask me anything!

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
I saw this topic in another group and it has got me to thinking, maybe I am gay because of the confusion from the childhood trauma I went through. EDIT: I was 7.... it ended at 10. Perp was my Uncle. He left for the service, that is when I told others. I'm not a troll. A few are uncomfortable with this kind of post and have tried to start the whole "troll" thing so that no one will take me or others seriously. Just ignore them.
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 12, 2013 at 9:19 AM
Replies (11-20):
JakesMom712
by Ruby Member on Jan. 12, 2013 at 9:29 AM
Not neccessarily true. I know a few women who were molested, or mistreated by men so they felt more comfortable with women. They all worked through their issues and went back to the other side.

Quoting mrswillie:

Quoting kngarber:

Well I was going to ask if you think that "made you gay" but I'm assuming you're unsure? How old were you when it happened?

Actually the medical field as well as the mental health field are in agreeance, people are born with their sexuality. Molestation can't make you gay.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 12, 2013 at 9:30 AM
No, a man.
Quoting BEXi:

Was it a woman who molested you?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 12, 2013 at 9:31 AM
I don't understand.
Quoting Anonymous:

The way to know is ask yourself if this plays a role in you decision making, or if it ever did. I'm sure it does some, but not others. Like any other part of our personalities our childhood plays a role, but is not definitively the cause.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jan. 12, 2013 at 9:33 AM

Thats not sexual preference then.. thats PTSD.

Quoting JakesMom712:

Not neccessarily true. I know a few women who were molested, or mistreated by men so they felt more comfortable with women. They all worked through their issues and went back to the other side.

Quoting mrswillie:

Quoting kngarber:

Well I was going to ask if you think that "made you gay" but I'm assuming you're unsure? How old were you when it happened?

Actually the medical field as well as the mental health field are in agreeance, people are born with their sexuality. Molestation can't make you gay.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 12, 2013 at 9:34 AM
I heard that theory had been debunked. That sexuality towards others is not possible until pheremones and hormones begin, which is not until puberty. Things like masturbation are done only as a soothing method and not for sexual pleasure. Just what I learned in the other post.
Quoting mrswillie:

Quoting kngarber:

mrswillie
by Platinum Member on Jan. 12, 2013 at 9:35 AM

Actually, it is true. To further it, science is finding it runs in families however they are still trying to find out exactly how. I am a member of PFLAG, use to be president of our local chapter. My ds is gay as well as his aunt on his fater's side. In turn we have a grandmother, mother, daughter relationship who are all gay. Most of our members can name other family members that are gay and lesbian.

To be truely gay is one thing. To feel comfort in the same sex because of a tramatic experience is another. You can not choose your sexuality and who you are attracted to. Just as some are attracted to men or women, some are attracted to black, white, etc. You can't wake up one day and say today I like women.

Quoting JakesMom712:

Quoting mrswillie:

Quoting kngarber:

mrswillie
by Platinum Member on Jan. 12, 2013 at 9:36 AM

Actually, it is true. To further it, science is finding it runs in families however they are still trying to find out exactly how. I am a member of PFLAG, use to be president of our local chapter. My ds is gay as well as his aunt on his fater's side. In turn we have a grandmother, mother, daughter relationship who are all gay. Most of our members can name other family members that are gay and lesbian.

To be truely gay is one thing. To feel comfort in the same sex because of a tramatic experience is another. You can not choose your sexuality and who you are attracted to. Just as some are attracted to men or women, some are attracted to black, white, etc. You can't wake up one day and say today I like women.

To further asked yourself, "Could you be with a women", do you choose to say, "Damn he's hot" or are you just attracted to him?

Quoting Anonymous:

I heard that theory had been debunked. That sexuality towards others is not possible until pheremones and hormones begin, which is not until puberty. Things like masturbation are done only as a soothing method and not for sexual pleasure. Just what I learned in the other post.
Quoting mrswillie:

Quoting kngarber:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Jan. 12, 2013 at 9:37 AM
I am not gay and I was molested.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 12, 2013 at 9:37 AM
Wow! Really? Many of the homosexuals I know have been diagnosed with PTSD.
Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting JakesMom712:

Quoting mrswillie:

Quoting kngarber:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jan. 12, 2013 at 9:38 AM

Im starting to think youre a troll..

Probably because homosexuals get bullied and tortured nearly everyday?

Quoting Anonymous:

Wow! Really? Many of the homosexuals I know have been diagnosed with PTSD.
Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting JakesMom712:

Quoting mrswillie:

Quoting kngarber:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN