Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I'm gay, and was also molested as a child.....ask me anything!

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
I saw this topic in another group and it has got me to thinking, maybe I am gay because of the confusion from the childhood trauma I went through. EDIT: I was 7.... it ended at 10. Perp was my Uncle. He left for the service, that is when I told others. I'm not a troll. A few are uncomfortable with this kind of post and have tried to start the whole "troll" thing so that no one will take me or others seriously. Just ignore them.
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 12, 2013 at 9:19 AM
Replies (131-133):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 22 on Jan. 12, 2013 at 10:49 PM

I was molested by my male cousin for a month when I was 5 years old. A month for a child usually feels like a couple years. Growing up I thought I was a lesbian or could possibly be bisexual, but no. I'm as straight as they come.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 13, 2013 at 10:00 AM
As I said before, I was fine until I saw a post where someone had brought up the corrolatiion between molestation and homosexuality. Before that, I thought I was ok, and had made peace with my past. No anger or sadness to report, just confusion.
Quoting Mel0dy:

Do you still feel alot of anger and sadness? How do you feel it affects you?  How were you able to move on?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 13, 2013 at 10:12 AM
I'm gay, and even I know there is no concrete proof people are born with their sexual orientation written in stone. There was a study done with a baby eagle. They hatched an eagle egg to a family of chickens. The eagle hatched, and mimicked the chickens in every way. It was not until the researchers started taking the eagle and introducing it to other eagles, did the eagle start acting like an eagle. There has got to be social factors that come into play with determining homosexuality in some.
Quoting Anonymous:

No,you are NOT. I have done the research.But I suppose it depends on the research you're reading.Seems even the so-called 'experts' can't agree.But there is NO definitive proof that we are born with a sexual orientation.

Quoting mrswillie:

Nope. Do the research. You are born with your sexuality. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN