Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I'm gay, and was also molested as a child.....ask me anything!

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
I saw this topic in another group and it has got me to thinking, maybe I am gay because of the confusion from the childhood trauma I went through. EDIT: I was 7.... it ended at 10. Perp was my Uncle. He left for the service, that is when I told others. I'm not a troll. A few are uncomfortable with this kind of post and have tried to start the whole "troll" thing so that no one will take me or others seriously. Just ignore them.
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 12, 2013 at 9:19 AM
Replies (41-50):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 8 on Jan. 12, 2013 at 9:49 AM
My husband was raped by a male sitter. He is straight.

Quoting pristine729:

I doubt it... You can't help who you fall in love with. Many straight men were abused by men, didn't make then gay.

Do you prefer to be called gay? Lesbian? Or something else?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 9 on Jan. 12, 2013 at 9:49 AM

So talking about things that hurt you (universal you, I'm sure you've never been traumatized EVER in your life) is bragging?

Quoting Anonymous:

Why do people brag about this shit. You were molested, that's horrible, what the fuck would I possibly want to ask you about that?

whatplanetweon
by on Jan. 12, 2013 at 9:49 AM
2 moms liked this

I strongly believe that people CAN be born gay and I also believe people CAN be gay by whatever means. I'm bisexual and I was raised in a military, christian home and not around hardly ANY gay people. So I think experience may vary..... I've known some people that were molested and are still straight verses folks that cant be in ANY relationship. So My heart goes to anyone thats been molested... ;/

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 12, 2013 at 9:50 AM
1 mom liked this
I think you are hurting, want to talk about it?
Quoting Anonymous:

Why do people brag about this shit. You were molested, that's horrible, what the fuck would I possibly want to ask you about that?

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 12, 2013 at 9:50 AM
Thank you!
Quoting whatplanetweon:

I strongly believe that people CAN be born gay and I also believe people CAN be gay by whatever means. I'm bisexual and I was raised in a military, christian home and not around hardly ANY gay people. So I think experience may vary..... I've known some people that were molested and are still straight verses folks that cant be in ANY relationship. So My heart goes to anyone thats been molested... ;/

RunningMommaof2
by Kelly on Jan. 12, 2013 at 9:52 AM
Oh wow. I'm sorry:( as a child, did you ever feel like it was your fault because you were attracted to him? Not, that I'm saying it was. Only because I was sexually abused by someone my own age, but I thought it was my Fault for a LONG time because I had a "crush" on him before it happened.

Quoting Anonymous:

I was 7 when it began, it went on until I was 10.....It was an Uncle, a young Uncle that I had thought was cute, weird huh? I did not tell until I was 10. By then, he had already left for the service.

Quoting RunningMommaof2:

It could be because of your experience. I had a very negative first sexual experience that has had a great impact on my sexual life even now. I believe that people can be born gay or have an experience like yours and prefer the same sex. Who was it that molested you? how old were you? Did you tell anyone?

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
wkukid
by Ocean Wave on Jan. 12, 2013 at 9:53 AM
It didn't make you gay.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 12, 2013 at 9:53 AM
By a male? They say it matters who molested you, male or female, relationship, what age you were and what age the perp was.
Quoting Anonymous:

My husband was raped by a male sitter. He is straight.

Quoting pristine729:

I doubt it... You can't help who you fall in love with. Many straight men were abused by men, didn't make then gay.

Do you prefer to be called gay? Lesbian? Or something else?

RunningMommaof2
by Kelly on Jan. 12, 2013 at 9:54 AM
2 moms liked this
I think you have "bragging" and spreading awareness confused.

Quoting Anonymous:

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 12, 2013 at 9:55 AM
No, I never thought it was my fault because I thought he was cute. I just thought he was cute, that's all. I never wanted to have sex with him or anything. No fantasies at all.
Quoting RunningMommaof2:

Oh wow. I'm sorry:( as a child, did you ever feel like it was your fault because you were attracted to him? Not, that I'm saying it was. Only because I was sexually abused by someone my own age, but I thought it was my Fault for a LONG time because I had a "crush" on him before it happened.

Quoting Anonymous:

I was 7 when it began, it went on until I was 10.....It was an Uncle, a young Uncle that I had thought was cute, weird huh? I did not tell until I was 10. By then, he had already left for the service.

Quoting RunningMommaof2:

It could be because of your experience. I had a very negative first sexual experience that has had a great impact on my sexual life even now. I believe that people can be born gay or have an experience like yours and prefer the same sex. Who was it that molested you? how old were you? Did you tell anyone?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)