Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My Kids SM is a B****!! and my EXDH is a coward!!!

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Ok so my kids go to their dads house every other weekend and on the weekends the kids are there I work (I work m-f as well)...Well one of my kids are sick with the tummy bug so i called to let EXDH know he said OK I will be there an about an hour to get them....20 minutes later I get a call from him saying he will no longer being picking up the kids this weekend because his wife doesn't want a sick child at their house all weekend...I explained to him that was not an option because I have to work and can't just call out especially since I had to call out 2 days this week as it was to care for our other child who had it earlier in the week...He said he was sorry however he was not in the mood to  fight with his wife about this....

So now I am pissed!!! I understand that our child is sick, however since he doesn't work weekends I feel he should have to suck it up and care for our sick child so I can go to work...I even offered to pick up the kids after work and drop them back off tomorrow on my way to work so they don't have to take care of the sick child all night as well..

So why do I have to take time from work to stay home with the sick child when he can easily care for the child since he will be home all day? I could understand if he had to work and the SM did not want to care for the child,however that is not the case here...

****EDIT***This is his weekends with the kids.....yes they have 1 together, however that is not reason enough for me to miss work because when their child is sick I am still made to send my kids to his house around their sick child....I just called and asked him if he could come to my house for the day and spend it with the kids while i worked he said no because that wouldn't be right to his wife...

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 12, 2013 at 9:38 AM
Replies (11-20):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 12, 2013 at 9:49 AM
Have him babysit at your house. Problem solved .
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 12, 2013 at 9:49 AM
1 mom liked this

when they are sick during the week I take time from work to be home with them....I missed 2 days of work this week because my youngest was sick....I just feel like on his weekends I should not have to call in just so he doesn't have to care for his sick child...When his kids are sick he doesn't have to call in and miss work because I am there to care for the kids, yet I have to miss work and then struggle even more that month that doesn't seem right...

Your right as a mother we have to expect illness and what not however he is there father and he should have to care for them as well

Quoting BEXi:

Honestly? Im on SM's side. I wouldnt want a contagious child with a stomach bug at my home either.

As a mother, we have to expect illness emergencies when it comes to our children. What do you do when they get sick Monday-Friday?

brettsmomma
by ~Tammie~ on Jan. 12, 2013 at 9:49 AM

ya. Its not like he is the babysitter. He is their dad!!!! I totally 100% feel they should have taken the child. The only reason in my mind that would be acceptable to refuse is if they have an infant in their home.

Photo: -Randi.

happykitty316
by Platinum Member on Jan. 12, 2013 at 9:49 AM
1 mom liked this

No way, he's their father, he should help take care of them when they are sick.  Why should all of that responsibility fall to you?

owl0210
by Emerald Member on Jan. 12, 2013 at 9:50 AM
He's a fucking asshole. Why should you have to parent on his time just because he doesn't want to take care of his sick kid? It's his responsibility too! He puts some bitch in front of his own kid? SMFH
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BEXi
by BEXi on Jan. 12, 2013 at 9:50 AM

Does the SM have her own children?

Quoting Anonymous:

when they are sick during the week I take time from work to be home with them....I missed 2 days of work this week because my youngest was sick....I just feel like on his weekends I should not have to call in just so he doesn't have to care for his sick child...When his kids are sick he doesn't have to call in and miss work because I am there to care for the kids, yet I have to miss work and then struggle even more that month that doesn't seem right...

Your right as a mother we have to expect illness and what not however he is there father and he should have to care for them as well

Quoting BEXi:

Honestly? Im on SM's side. I wouldnt want a contagious child with a stomach bug at my home either.

As a mother, we have to expect illness emergencies when it comes to our children. What do you do when they get sick Monday-Friday?

Money Hungry Mommy Blog

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 12, 2013 at 9:51 AM
1 mom liked this
He needs to suck it up and take care of his kid. If sm don't like it, she can find somewhere else to spend the weekend, or he can take the kid with him somewhere else. Maybe you should offer letting him stay at your place while you are at work? Lol
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 12, 2013 at 9:51 AM
2 moms liked this
But fathers don't? It's not like she's sending them to school. When you sign up to be a parent, either through biology adoption or marriage, you sign up for sick kids too.

Quoting BEXi:

mrswillie
by Gold Member on Jan. 12, 2013 at 9:52 AM

Quoting BEXi:

Wow...Dad has a responsibility to his child. We, as parents can't choose when we want to be one and when not. Think about what you are saying, "I only want to see my child when he is healthy",.

kasi92
by on Jan. 12, 2013 at 9:52 AM

It's his children too. If the court agreement says he takes them every other weekend then he needs to take them sick or not. When his new wife married him, she knew he had kids and needs to suck it up whether they have kids together or not. He still has a responsibility to his children.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)