Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My Kids SM is a B****!! and my EXDH is a coward!!!

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Ok so my kids go to their dads house every other weekend and on the weekends the kids are there I work (I work m-f as well)...Well one of my kids are sick with the tummy bug so i called to let EXDH know he said OK I will be there an about an hour to get them....20 minutes later I get a call from him saying he will no longer being picking up the kids this weekend because his wife doesn't want a sick child at their house all weekend...I explained to him that was not an option because I have to work and can't just call out especially since I had to call out 2 days this week as it was to care for our other child who had it earlier in the week...He said he was sorry however he was not in the mood to  fight with his wife about this....

So now I am pissed!!! I understand that our child is sick, however since he doesn't work weekends I feel he should have to suck it up and care for our sick child so I can go to work...I even offered to pick up the kids after work and drop them back off tomorrow on my way to work so they don't have to take care of the sick child all night as well..

So why do I have to take time from work to stay home with the sick child when he can easily care for the child since he will be home all day? I could understand if he had to work and the SM did not want to care for the child,however that is not the case here...

****EDIT***This is his weekends with the kids.....yes they have 1 together, however that is not reason enough for me to miss work because when their child is sick I am still made to send my kids to his house around their sick child....I just called and asked him if he could come to my house for the day and spend it with the kids while i worked he said no because that wouldn't be right to his wife...

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 12, 2013 at 9:38 AM
Replies (141-146):
ilovemykids323
by Platinum Member on Jan. 12, 2013 at 12:52 PM
1 mom liked this

take them to the house and drop them off. it's his weekend end of story. he can get over it. he's not being right to his kids. what is more important to him obviously his wife.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 12, 2013 at 12:58 PM

We did that when I was pregnant and before DD got her shots. And if it was his weekend SS would stay over with her and we would get him for an extra weekend. BUT hubby would go over to her house and care for the child during the day while she worked if she needed DH to take care of SS. He would make sure to wash his hands frequently, etc. They decided on that though. I didn't want him going over there at all. She was the one who wanted to divorce and primary custody so she was the one who decided she wanted to do this on her own most of the time. So ultimately I am on SM's side.

robyann
by on Jan. 12, 2013 at 1:04 PM

Those are his days with the kids. (period) no excuses. It doesn't matter if he has other children there. These are his kids, you don't get to pawn off your own child when they are sick. When it's your parenting time you have your kids. That's it. I'd take them to him.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 12, 2013 at 1:11 PM

They are his kids and since this is his weekend, he needs to step up and take care of them. What a jerk.

mereinhart28
by Bronze Member on Jan. 12, 2013 at 1:16 PM

wow. yeah, I would be upset too. It's his weekend, it's his child, he should take care of his child, sick or not!

Where I can see how SM wouldn't want her kids to get sick, that is the chance you take! 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 12, 2013 at 4:52 PM
Yup. One time my ss was crying, it was bed time, he said he wanted to go home, I reminded him that he was home.

Quoting LAXmom21:

I'm sorry but that's bullshit. You should have them if you want and your home most certainly should be considered home to them as well.

Quoting Anonymous:

Their mother would prefer that we did if they were sick here. DF would want them here anyways, but being eowe we aren't even considered "home". Like if the kids are sick, they should be "home" in bed. Like her bed here doesn't count...

Quoting Anonymous:

That's ridiculous. What if the kid gets sick a your house, do you immediately send them home? you are a parent whether they are sick or not. You can't send your own kids away when they are sick.

Quoting Anonymous:

not according to our judge if the child is sick we are not allowed to have them

Quoting Anonymous:

Um child support is about 30% or below of the custodial parents income and over half the income expenses for the parent with full custody. That's just the statistics. Still money matters shouldn't be at play - his kids, his scheduled time = his responsibility to care for those children (sick or not).

Quoting Anonymous:

Cause paying child support is fun and easy! She has his income and her own... She could afford to miss work more than he can

Quoting mas2124:

I'm surprised at the responses. That's his child too! Just because they are divorced, doesn't meen he just gets to do the easy, fun stuff. Raising a child includes illnesses, and other downers, as well.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured