Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My Kids SM is a B****!! and my EXDH is a coward!!!

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Ok so my kids go to their dads house every other weekend and on the weekends the kids are there I work (I work m-f as well)...Well one of my kids are sick with the tummy bug so i called to let EXDH know he said OK I will be there an about an hour to get them....20 minutes later I get a call from him saying he will no longer being picking up the kids this weekend because his wife doesn't want a sick child at their house all weekend...I explained to him that was not an option because I have to work and can't just call out especially since I had to call out 2 days this week as it was to care for our other child who had it earlier in the week...He said he was sorry however he was not in the mood to  fight with his wife about this....

So now I am pissed!!! I understand that our child is sick, however since he doesn't work weekends I feel he should have to suck it up and care for our sick child so I can go to work...I even offered to pick up the kids after work and drop them back off tomorrow on my way to work so they don't have to take care of the sick child all night as well..

So why do I have to take time from work to stay home with the sick child when he can easily care for the child since he will be home all day? I could understand if he had to work and the SM did not want to care for the child,however that is not the case here...

****EDIT***This is his weekends with the kids.....yes they have 1 together, however that is not reason enough for me to miss work because when their child is sick I am still made to send my kids to his house around their sick child....I just called and asked him if he could come to my house for the day and spend it with the kids while i worked he said no because that wouldn't be right to his wife...

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 12, 2013 at 9:38 AM
Replies (21-30):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Jan. 12, 2013 at 9:52 AM
Why would it matter. They are failing their responsibilities as parents. If you have one kid sick do you ship him or her off somewhere?

Quoting BEXi:

Does the SM have her own children?

Quoting Anonymous:

when they are sick during the week I take time from work to be home with them....I missed 2 days of work this week because my youngest was sick....I just feel like on his weekends I should not have to call in just so he doesn't have to care for his sick child...When his kids are sick he doesn't have to call in and miss work because I am there to care for the kids, yet I have to miss work and then struggle even more that month that doesn't seem right...

Your right as a mother we have to expect illness and what not however he is there father and he should have to care for them as well

Quoting BEXi:

Honestly? Im on SM's side. I wouldnt want a contagious child with a stomach bug at my home either.

As a mother, we have to expect illness emergencies when it comes to our children. What do you do when they get sick Monday-Friday?

FooLynRoo
by on Jan. 12, 2013 at 9:52 AM
1 mom liked this

He's an asshole.

Dads take care of sick kids.

this isn't daycare, this isn't school this is their HOME

Anonymous
by Anonymous 8 on Jan. 12, 2013 at 9:53 AM
This shit right here is what gives stepmothers a bad name. What a bitch.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 9 on Jan. 12, 2013 at 9:54 AM

I would honestly prefer my step-kids at my house when they are sick, that way i know for sure they are being properly cared for. I know they arent at their bio-moms house. and BTW that isnt a bash towards any other parents. thats just my situation.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 10 on Jan. 12, 2013 at 9:54 AM
1 mom liked this
It's easy to quarantine a sick child in one room and be extra careful... His weekend, his time... What an asshole...
mommybug77
by on Jan. 12, 2013 at 9:55 AM
1 mom liked this
I wouldn't bring a sick kid into my house either. You should have back up babysitters.
blessed107
by Platinum Member on Jan. 12, 2013 at 9:55 AM

I'm with you on this one. He should be just as responsible for seeing to his sick child as you. 

Bells2000
by on Jan. 12, 2013 at 9:56 AM
wth does that teach the kids? daddy will only be there when its convient to him? but if ill, daddy wont do anything that might....

documemt it! id be saving info and if enough of that happens, go for full custody and'cs!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 8 on Jan. 12, 2013 at 9:56 AM
1 mom liked this
Document everything. He isn't exercising his visitation and should pay you for missing work. Dick.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 12, 2013 at 9:56 AM

yes they have a 3 year old together, however that is not a good enough reason to me because when their DD is sick I am still made to send my kids there for their visit and I have to take the chance my kids will get sick from their DD so why shouldn't he have to care for these kids when their sick?

Quoting BEXi:

Does the SM have her own children?

Quoting Anonymous:

when they are sick during the week I take time from work to be home with them....I missed 2 days of work this week because my youngest was sick....I just feel like on his weekends I should not have to call in just so he doesn't have to care for his sick child...When his kids are sick he doesn't have to call in and miss work because I am there to care for the kids, yet I have to miss work and then struggle even more that month that doesn't seem right...

Your right as a mother we have to expect illness and what not however he is there father and he should have to care for them as well

Quoting BEXi:

Honestly? Im on SM's side. I wouldnt want a contagious child with a stomach bug at my home either.

As a mother, we have to expect illness emergencies when it comes to our children. What do you do when they get sick Monday-Friday?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN