Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My Kids SM is a B****!! and my EXDH is a coward!!!

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Ok so my kids go to their dads house every other weekend and on the weekends the kids are there I work (I work m-f as well)...Well one of my kids are sick with the tummy bug so i called to let EXDH know he said OK I will be there an about an hour to get them....20 minutes later I get a call from him saying he will no longer being picking up the kids this weekend because his wife doesn't want a sick child at their house all weekend...I explained to him that was not an option because I have to work and can't just call out especially since I had to call out 2 days this week as it was to care for our other child who had it earlier in the week...He said he was sorry however he was not in the mood to  fight with his wife about this....

So now I am pissed!!! I understand that our child is sick, however since he doesn't work weekends I feel he should have to suck it up and care for our sick child so I can go to work...I even offered to pick up the kids after work and drop them back off tomorrow on my way to work so they don't have to take care of the sick child all night as well..

So why do I have to take time from work to stay home with the sick child when he can easily care for the child since he will be home all day? I could understand if he had to work and the SM did not want to care for the child,however that is not the case here...

****EDIT***This is his weekends with the kids.....yes they have 1 together, however that is not reason enough for me to miss work because when their child is sick I am still made to send my kids to his house around their sick child....I just called and asked him if he could come to my house for the day and spend it with the kids while i worked he said no because that wouldn't be right to his wife...

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 12, 2013 at 9:38 AM
Replies (41-50):
mas2124
by on Jan. 12, 2013 at 9:59 AM

I'm surprised at the responses. That's his child too! Just because they are divorced, doesn't meen he just gets to do the easy, fun stuff. Raising a child includes illnesses, and other downers, as well.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 14 on Jan. 12, 2013 at 9:59 AM
He obviously doesn't want the kid there. Suck it up and figure out something else. They have a kid together that you're willing to expose. I find you to be the one who is being a crappy parent. The hell if I'd have your kids infect my house.
owl0210
by Emerald Member on Jan. 12, 2013 at 10:00 AM
The father should only parent healthy kids? That's ridiculous lol.

Quoting BewitchedKisses:

I agree with the SM. I am an SM  and a BM too. I would never send my sick kid to anyone's house, nor would I accept anyone's sick kid at my house. I get sick very easily and I can't afford to miss work.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
joyfullem
by Bronze Member on Jan. 12, 2013 at 10:01 AM

Step moms wonder why Birth moms don't like them.  You could do what one step mom is doing and charge them for not taking them on their time like she is trying to charge birthmom for extra time they watch kids.  So sorry you r kids are sick

mommybug77
by on Jan. 12, 2013 at 10:01 AM
Quoting Anonymous:

my eyes are working fine and I said what I mean. I wouldn't expose everyone else to a sick kid.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 12, 2013 at 10:02 AM

I can't afford to miss any more time this week...I have already taken two days off to care for my youngest when she was sick...Then he needs to have a babysitter in place to watch his kids on his days if he doesn't want sick kids at his house. I am not just sending my sick kids to someone's house I am sending them to their other house (meaning their dad's home)

Quoting BewitchedKisses:

I agree with the SM. I am an SM  and a BM too. I would never send my sick kid to anyone's house, nor would I accept anyone's sick kid at my house. I get sick very easily and I can't afford to miss work.

pristine729
by on Jan. 12, 2013 at 10:02 AM
I agree. And BM keeps the kids home when they're ill or if we're ill.

Quoting BEXi:

Honestly? Im on SM's side. I wouldnt want a contagious child with a stomach bug at my home either.

As a mother, we have to expect illness emergencies when it comes to our children. What do you do when they get sick Monday-Friday?

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
agrisham13mom
by on Jan. 12, 2013 at 10:03 AM
1 mom liked this
Wow some of these other women astonish me!!! He is their father and has equal responsibility to them especially when they are ill!! Regardless he is remarried or not he still has a obligation to HIS children and HIS children should come first over his wife IMO! I would be pissed!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
momof6nokc
by Gold Member on Jan. 12, 2013 at 10:03 AM

Have you asked dad to come to your house to have visitation with his kids?  That seems like the perfect solution *if* SM is the one with the issue of sick kids at her house.  If dad is really the one with the issue you'll find out really fast, won't you???

Quoting Anonymous:

I can't afford to miss any more time this week...I have already taken two days off to care for my youngest when she was sick...Then he needs to have a babysitter in place to watch his kids on his days if he doesn't want sick kids at his house. I am not just sending my sick kids to someone's house I am sending them to their other house (meaning their dad's home)

Quoting BewitchedKisses:

**Just call me Stuart**

Anonymous
by Anonymous 15 on Jan. 12, 2013 at 10:03 AM
Maybe your sk bm should hook up with your exdh.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN